23. stop thinking about me

strange, Jordyn tilted her head in confusion at him

strange, Jordyn tilted her head in confusion at him. Trent only shook his head in response "I don't see why you guys can't just get along" Jordyn groaned and rolled her eyes, all she wanted to do was finish school and finally be free. She had considered turning into an instagram model just so that she could live her best life and only have to upload pretty pictures on instagram.

"It's just not gonna work" Trent mumbled, awkwardly scratching the back of his head. He seriously contemplated on telling her everything, but decided to keep quiet and properly sort out his feelings firstly.

Jordyn pursed her lips and nodded her head. "well, see ya around"

"wait" he held onto her arm. She turned around and raised her eyebrows at how close they were to each-other, Trent didn't seem to mind as he stared down at her.

"What do you see in him Jordyn?" He sighed. The question caught her off guard as she opened her mouth to talk but no words came out, she furrowed her eyebrows at him and Trent only stared at her, waiting for a reply. 

"What do you mean?" He had let go of her arm and taken a step back, seeing as she was literally frozen.

"I mean, what do you actually see in him?, he's a jealous asshole and a control freak"

Trent was right, but she refused to admit that.

"You're no better.. You're a player and you're really stubborn and arrogant" She came out wit after a moment of silence between them. She was looking at him through narrowed eyes and became even more ticked off when that grin appeared on his face again. Trent crossed his arms and bent down a bit to her level.

"Yet you can't stop thinking of me, no?" He chuckled teasingly. He didn't even know what he was saying but something in his gut told him to go for it and he did. Trent was hoping for the best possible outcome from this conversation.

"You are..." absolutely right, She sighed and rolled her eyes. She turned on her hell, feeling a bit flustered as she walked out of the bathroom and down the stairs.

Trent; who laughed out in surprise and happiness walked after her. He had finally gotten under her skin after months of trying to get the girl to give him a sign.

"Jorydn" he called out after her but Jordyn scoffed and made her way through the crowd to find Amanda and ask her when they were going home. She found her best-friend in the corner of the room, chatting happily with a few others. Amanda saw her coming and tilted her head, she became even more confused when Trent appeared behind her, grabbing onto her arm just before she could reach Amanda. The curly haired girl was about to interfere but she saw the smile forming on Jordyn's face before she turned around to face him.

"You're unbelievable, how can you say that after beating up my boyfriend?!" she whispered-yelled to Trent who was only trying to hold in his laughter.

"Alright, alright, my bad, let me give you a ride home then"

She didn't reply, only looking at him with crossed arms and a 'are you serious?' look on her face.

"I'm not gonna try anything, i've got a game tomorrow" He held his hands up in defence.

After some convincing, they were finally in his car, driving through the night. Trent cranked up the volume on the stereo, letting the late night music fill up the atmosphere in the car. Jordyn had turned her head and looked out of the window. She was deep in her thoughts but could still hear the music playing in the background.

"Oh only you, only you, only you. Yah you make my heart race, yeah, keep e from a dark place yeah, from a dark place. Now I got my own place, yeah we're in love but we just, yeah we're in love but we just homies, we just homies. oh only you, only you, only you. Yeah you make my heart race yeah, keep mer from a dark place, yeah froma dark place, now i got my own place"

Se sung her heart out along to Willow Smith's voice, she hadn't sung in a while due to her feeling low all the time, the last time she felt this relaxed was probably on her bedroom floor, at idnight next to Trent who listened to her ramble on about everything and nothing.

Trent glanced at her while they sped up on the highway, she was truly beautiful. He watched her rest her tired eyes on the road in front of them and sing along to the song. Jordyn had a glow to her, one that he found hard to find in anyone else, they had known each other for motnhs now and she had easily became one of his favourite people to talk to. Trent would wake up thinking about her and wonder what she was doing, if she was still asleep or if she was writing songs. in secret again. He hadn't told her but one morning when he came by to fetch his bag that he had accidentally left the night before, he had walked right in like she told him to do. He found the glass doors in her living room open and the drapes dancing a slow jam with he wind. 

Jordyn was sitting on the floor of her balcony, her back rested against the glass and her eyes silently wandering over the city under her and bouncing back to the notebook in her arms, quickly jotting down the ideas she had gotten. He knocked on the doorframe and watched as she hurriedly pressed the book against her chest, thinking that he hadn't seen the context.

He smiled at the memory and slowed down a bit on the empty road to partly keep them together for a bit more. Jordyn closed her eyes and rested er head against the head rest, he heard her mutter something before she opened her eyes again and lean her body to the door.

"You good?" he asked, he saw her nod her head and give him a thumbs up.

He pulled up in-front of her apartment complex and she unbuckled her seatbelt, opening the door to rush out.

"Hey, I was thinking.. come to my game tomorrow, you can bring Amanda too" He opened the compartment box and held out two tickets for her, suggesting that she took Amanda instead of her boyfriend.

"Erm, i'll see if she's up for it" Jordyn took the tickets and licked her dry lips, feeling her throat dry up "oh and also" the smile on his face grew as he reached back and pulled out a lfc jersey with his number on the back.

"If you're up for it"

+*
Updating today cuz I am
v impatient lol