1. One too many bad dates

Jordyn was never one to go on dates

Jordyn was never one to go on dates. But the one time she let her best friend Amanda set her up on a blind one, didn't help much. Instead she found herself locked inside the four turquoise walls, hiding from her date while having her friend on speed dial.

"Look I need you to come pick me up-"

"Girl I'm already outside, I was scared that he'd kidnap you" Amanda's voice echoed and bounced off of the four walls as Jordyn contemplated on whether or not she should be concerned about where Amanda went to socialize with new people.

Jordyn hung up and left the small cubicle, her heels echoing through the room as she pushed on the swing doors, letting the sound of utensils scraping against porcelain and chatter hit her ears like an alarm.

"I'm terribly sorry, but I don't feel too well, it was nice getting to know you Harry, maybe we could meet again sometime?" Jordyn tried her best not to look disgusted as was when she glanced down at his phone and saw a picture of a girls exposed nudes.

"No worries babes, I'll call you" He stood up to engulfed her into a bear hug, which she politely patted his back and rushed out of the crowded restaurant as fast as she could.

The chilly air of Manchester hit her bare skin like bricks as she frantically looked around for Amanda's white Audi in the parking spaces.

When she finally caught sight of Amanda in her big, black, fur coat, she practically jogged over to the passengers seat, pried open the door and threw herself in "Drive" was the only thing she said before Amanda sped off into the night, her laughter filling the car.

"I am so sorry" She managed to get in between her laughs.

"Very fucking funny" Jordyn rolled her eyes but couldn't help but chuckle slightly at the failed date.

"Where did you even meet this guy?" She buckled her seatbelt, hearing a click before she rolled down the windows and turned up the volume, smiling widely when she heard the intro to a destiny's child song.

"Funny story actually, I saw him playing football when I was picking up my niece from the park" Amanda snorted as she sped down the highway.

"So you met a sweaty stranger at a park and thought that he was perfect for me?" Jordyn nervously glanced at Amanda, beginning to seriously question her mental stability. Amanda only laughed it off and nodded her head.

Jordyn hadn't been on many dates in her life. Partly because she didn't want to and because she never had the time for boys since she was always with her friend and mostly kept to herself. Amanda however was the exact opposite, she had no problem talking to boys but found it rather hard to make new friends since most girls thought she looked way too intimidating.

The two only shared a couple things in common but ever since they became friends in sixth grade, the two had been inseparable since then. They had always told each other everything, no secrets or lies in between so when they moved to the same city and went to the same collage things only went better for them.

"I know that your date was a disaster, but I'm really proud that you put yourself out there tonight" Amanda spoke up once she parked the car in the parking garage and they both walked together towards the elevator.

"Thank you for pushing me, I probably needed that" Jordyn pressed the button and they patiently waiting for the gold painted doors to open.

Amanda knew how hard it was for Jordyn to actually give a guy a chance. When they were in seventh grade, Jordyn had developed a huge crush on one of the boys in her class, the crush never died down fully even when they were in the tenth grade. So Jordyn decided to never commit to any form of relationship again after being in love with the same guy for years. But of course if asked, Jordyn would only say that it was a silly childhood crush.

Amanda got off at her floor, giving her a hug before she walked out, leaving Jordyn alone with her thoughts and the late night elevator music from the speakers in the corner.

The elevator doors opened yet again and this time Jordyn got out. She walked slowly down the hall and stopped outside her door to fish up the keys from the pockets of her coat.

She unlocked the door and was met with silence, just how she liked it. "Alexa, play my rnb playlist" she called out to the device that was placed on the corner of her kitchen counter.

Pretty little fears by 6lack and J.Cole started playing as she pushed her door closed, hung her coat up on the coat hanger and kicked off the uncomfortable black heels.

She turned on the lights and went to pour herself a glass of water from the gallon she had fetched from the fridge.

And as soon as she sat down on her couch, she instantly dozed off, still in her dark green two piece, hair still in a high ponytail and her feet dangling off the other edge of the beige couch.

In the process of falling asleep, Jordyn had failed to notice her phone going off on the coffee table. But then again if she were to notice, she would probably not have answered anyways.

The apartment was silent once she fell asleep, not a single sound could be heard.

If Jordyn was honest with herself, this wasn't how she had expected her life to turn out. She had dreams to be a star, to make music and leave a mark on this earth. When she was little she would dream about performing in front of a big crowd, doing what she loved most, sharing her love for music to the world. But yet again she had underestimated herself, choosing to study something she wasn't even interested in. Making friends with all sorts of wrong crowds. Jordyn Carter had made a promise to herself when she moved to Manchester. And that was to never bring up the past or interact with it again.