16. trough the storm

Jordyn stared at her reflection in the mirror, still thinking about her life choices

Jordyn stared at her reflection in the mirror, still thinking about her life choices. She was drenched in rainwater, currently waiting for her order to finish while she used the small paper towels to dry her body. The only other worse thing was that she was a very far distance from her apartment.

Her number rang up and she made her way to the front of the line where her to-go bag was ready. She sent a quick smile to the cashier who tilted his head at her. Thinking that he might've recognized her from Tammys' story's, Jordyn walked to the front door.

The rain outside had calmed down to only a few raindrops. Deciding that she wanted to go home as quick as possible, Jordyn walked out of the shop. Everything was going well until the heavens decided to wring out the little last in the clouds, letting the rain fall again.

But this time Jordyn ducked under a dimly lit bus stop, she put a hand on her hip and whined while she sat down on the empty bench, staring up at the grey sky.

Her luck ran out when lighting caught her eye and the follow up came dangerously close.

Jordyn started praying to god, begging him not to let her get struck by lighting and die in windy Manchester. She fished up her phone from her pocket and groaned loudly when she saw the headlines.

'Unusual storm hits Manchester tonight'

"Fucking hell" she groaned, grabbing onto her bag. The sounds of the storm drowned out the growls from her stomach as she opened the bag and reached in for her burrito.

The wind picked up and soon enough everything was flying everywhere. But Jordyn didn't mind, she pulled her legs up to her chest and finished off her burrito, quickly jogging to the trash can at the side to throw away the now empty to-go bag.

There wasn't a single breathing being near and Jordyn was getting sleepy. It felt as if kittens were biting her toes as she curled up on the bench. The busses had been canceled and everyone had returned to their homes.

Jordyn pulled her red hood closer down to her chin, watching it bounce right up to her forehead again. The once bright grey shorts had gotten drenched to a darker shade.

The water below her feet was leveling up and Jordyn quite literally thought about her will, the funeral and how her family would react.

A car zoomed passed her.

'Probs someone getting back to their family' she altered her body to the side, starting to run her cold hands up and down her numb legs.

The car made a u-turn at the end of the street and stopped at the bus stop. Through the window sat none other than Trent Alexander-Arnold, with a black cap on his head and a cheeky grin on his lips.

He gave her a weird look and motioned for her to jump in the car. Which she did, happily and desperately. She breathed out as she closed the door to his very expansive car.

"The hell are you doing out here?" Jordyn chuckled at the scousers accent, while she closed her eyes and threw her head back on the head rest.

"I was getting food, and then it started to rain" she turned her head to the window and then back to him with a tilted head.

"What are you doing out here?"

"I was just getting back from my parents' house, didn't want to spend the rest of the night there, I'm taking you home, your place is too far" Trent replied, his eyes on the road as his arms were extended on the steering wheel. Jordyn nodded her head, pulled her hoodie over her palms.

They pulled up to his mansions and both rushed into his house. Jordyn stayed at the door, not wanting to get his floor wet.

Trent began to walk but stopped to look back at her, he ducked into a room and came back with a dry hoodie and a pair of basketball shorts, hoping that she would fit in them.

"Thanks" she mumbled quietly, tip-toed over to the bathroom and closed it behind her. She opened the bathroom door, this time in new clothes while her drenched ones were in her hands. Trent looked up from his phone and walked towards her, making her retreat to the bathroom again.

He took the clothes from her hands and threw them into his dryer, setting the time for an hour. Then he turned to her.

They stared at each other for a good minute before Jordyn broke the silence "Have you got a charger, my phone's almost out of battery"

He nodded and led her to his bedroom that was the size of her whole living room and kitchen combined, it even had its own big balcony with a black slide door.

Jordyn walked over to his bedside table, plugging her phone in while she texted her friends and family, telling them that she was alright but not about her whereabouts.

The last text was from Lewis, whom she ignored and placed her phone, face down on the table. She looked up to find Trent on the balcony, he stood before the railing, his hands resting on the side as he stared out a the scene.

He turned around and met her with a warm smile, offering to make tea and bring blankets out if she wanted to sit on the chairs he had.

Which she gratefully accepted.