32 ⋆ Icarus

─── ・。•̩̩͙˚。✧: *.☽ .* :✧•̩̩͙・゚。───

Jimin's POV

It had been a week since Seungjae's death and I had requested personally that he be buried in the clearing where tiger lilies still grew. I visited every day, staying with his gravestone for a while, occasionally taking naps beside it, talking to whatever was above in hopes his voice would echo in my ears just once more.

Walking aimlessly through the forest today, the snow started to pass as spring was coming once more. My fingers picked off the delicate petals of a few lilies in my clasped hand, my eyes focusing on nothing as I walked without direction between trees and shuffling through melting snow.

"Jimin," Jungkook's voice sounded behind me. I turned and looked over my shoulder warily, glancing him up and down as he stared at me wearily with his shoulders sagged. I turned back around and started to walk again.

"Jimin," Jungkook sighed, walking quickly to catch up beside me with slight protest. He gently reached out and touched my shoulder, stopping me and making me turn to look at him.

"Jimin. It's been a week, talk to me. I need you. I'm lost," Jungkook begged softly, placing a delicate hand on my cheek. I blinked a few times but kept my eyes down, Donghae Yang's words ringing in my head at what he had supposedly done.

"Please. I love you. You gotta talk to me at some point," Jungkook tried to reason.

He was right. I sighed softly, looked up at him, making him smile sadly. The thought of Seungjae's deep, empty eye sockets, his cold body lump in my arms, and blood on my hands, flashed through my mind quickly, making me whimper.

"I want to go home," I murmured, dropping the plucked stem of a lily in my hand. Jungkook nodded and pulled me into his arms, pressing me against his strong, pine-smelling chest which I loved and found immense comfort in.

Closing my eyes and allowing myself to enjoy this moment, before he suddenly swept me off my feet and began to walk in the direction of our house.

"Donghae said something else when I saw him," I whispered as I rested the side of my head against his chest, listening for the steady and strong heartbeat.

"What?" Jungkook asked, carefully weaving between trees and such, sloshing through slush every now and then.

"He said you killed his mate and only child," I said after taking a sharp inhale, closing my eyes.

Jungkook's grip under my back and knees tightened a little bit as his face went a bit pale and his lips said nothing.

"Did you?" I asked. My eyes stared up at him, slowly filling with tears at his stern silence.

"There are things you don't understand, Jimin." Jungkook finally said, almost making me flinch at his words.

"Why did you do it?" I pushed, interrogating him.

Jungkook no longer wanted to hold me. He set me down rather roughly, almost making me fall over as he continued to walk.

"Jungkook." I followed behind him as he strode through the melting snow to our house which was now in view.

He turned and glared at me, making me gulp and take a few steps back as he stalked forward angrily. "Miyong wasn't his mate. Narae, my fucking sister was. Ever heard the story of Icarus and the sun? Narae flew too close. She was born human, a thing that rarely happens with two werewolf parents, but fucking human ancestor genes. Donghae said if she shifted, then they could be together forever. So she did it on her twenty-first birthday, and it fucking murdered her, no, he fucking murdered her."