35 ⋆ Scent

Hi lovely readers!

Thank you so much for supporting this fic. Animals is doing so much better than I expected.  We're around two-thirds through the story now, but I already have a new fic planned so stick around! Comment your thoughts on the story or anything. I love reading your comments. And please vote on the chapters, it gives me a lot of motivation. I'm very grateful that you enjoy reading Animals!

─── ・。•̩̩͙˚。✧: *.☽ .* :✧•̩̩͙・゚。───

Jungkook's POV

It had been two days since Jimin went silent and we were currently attempting to sniff the way to Jimin, our only option. We looked like complete idiots, our muzzles to the snow trying to get any trace of direction.

I sat at a tree stump in the middle of the forest, a large map of our territory and Donghae's spread out across the wooden surface. The corners flopped flimsily off the edges. My advisors looked over my shoulder, their cold breaths steaming around me as the cold wind carried the gentle fog into the grey sky.

I twiddled my middle finger and thumb, staring emotionlessly at nothing in particular far off in the forest. I could sense him breathing, feel the pulse of his heart in my brain, but I couldn't hear or see him, only feel.

My blood had turned cold days ago, meaning he was freezing and alone and the thought of it sent shivers down my spine; werewolves don't shiver. I growled lowly at the feeling and pulled my eyes away, looking at the map.

"His main pack is here, so Jimin could be anywhere in a radius from here... to here. Donghae would want to stay close to both him and his pack while keeping Jimin isolated." I listened as Taehyung talked and pointed at the rather small area around Donghae's pack, an area where Jimin could be held. I nodded slowly and sighed, leaning forward in my chair, resting my head in my hands.

"Pack up. We're moving out."

⋆⋅☆⋅⋆

Jimin's POV

I woke up slowly, feeling groggy and pained, unsure of what they had done to me. The world around me swirled as if I had had too much to drink and my vision had become distorted. My shaking hands slowly pushed me off of the straw floor of the shed they were keeping me in and I managed to sit up and look around with sore eyes.

Tears pooled in my eyes as I realized I was in Donghae's territory and Jungkook was miles away. Help was nowhere close.

I scooted up to one of the wooden walls, the cold of the outside hitting my bare skin through the cracks in the wood. I dropped my head in my arms which were crossed over my knees and cried pitifully as the eery silence of the outside filled my ears.

I closed my eyes tightly, desperately searching for Her, but I only see the black spots inside my eyes and a jumble of frantic and scared thoughts swirling like a tornado inside my head.

Jungkook was right, maybe the moon goddess, despite her being a goddess, cannot be trusted.

The wind howled painfully outside, a sign that it was snowing and blowing harshly.

The door unlocked, and two men stepped inside, assuming positions at either side of the door before the evil Alpha himself walked in with a stern face.

I kept my head low and prayed to the moon goddess herself or whatever other person was above that I would live through this.

He waved at the men to leave, and the two filed out behind him, shutting the door to leave Donghae and I alone.