40 ⋆ Goodbye

─── ・。•̩̩͙˚。✧: *.☽ .* :✧•̩̩͙・゚。───

Jungkook's POV 

The wind was cold tonight. I stuck my hand out just a little, fanning my fingers in order to catch the cold breeze on the tips. The pale white flowers blew gently in the air, reflecting the light of the rising moon as the soft light of scattered lanterns illuminated the barren trees around me.

Tears fell gently from my eyes, quietly streaming down my face. I could only watch with stifled emotion as they slowly lowered the opened casket into the ground, Jimin's pale and still body resting peacefully inside. 

His lips were still pink and his cheeks were still flushed. I let out some mutation of a gasp and a sob, tearing my eyes quickly away as a warm hand wrapped its way around my shoulder, tears filling her eyes too as my mother comforted me quietly.

I quickly sniffed and looked back at him as he descended lower and lower. His floppy black hair blew gently in the breeze, and something compelled me to hop into the grave with him. 

My mother managed to tighten her hand on my shoulder as I took a hasty step forward. "Let him go, Jungkook. That's the best you can do." She whispered.

I looked at her miserably, knowing she had gone through this too, but she had gotten so much time with my father - hundreds of years. And I only had gotten a few months. The thought made me pull away from her grasp as I approached the near edge of his deep grave.

I couldn't bear to see him go up in flames, as what the werewolf's traditional funeral does. He deserved to be buried as humans did. He deserved normal. Unlike this life I forced him into. 

I stared down at him, my hands shaking restlessly as my eyes locked onto his closed eyelids. My eyes scanned for any sign of movement, anything at all, but Jimin was still and dead. I slowly reached up and touched my neck, grazing over his mark, something I had laughed at when I received it. I shouldn't have laughed. I got onto my knees, in a kneeling down position, desperately trying to get as close to him as possible.  

Pink lips, black hair, oiled eyelids, small nose, chubby cheeks. He looked... him. My hand reached up and furiously wiped away tears as my other hand clutched a white rose, not yet ready to throw it into the pit of sorrow.

Jimin was adorned in white flowers all around him. Moon lilies, white roses, wisteria, hydrangeas, magnolias. His body was draped with a white satin sheet and white candles, which would soon extinguish from lack of oxygen. They were all scattered around him as well. He looked peaceful, and as beautiful as the first day I met him.  

"I love you. I will never stop loving you. You have made me the happiest man in the world and I will miss you dearly every day. From when the sun rises to when the moon falls, I will still be loving you. You are my whole world, and I will never let you go. You are my body, my heart, and my soul. Every single day I will hold you as close to me as I had every day you lived beside me. I will love you for eternity, and then some." I dropped the rose into the grave.  

I fell backwards, bringing my knees up beside me to rest my elbows on as my hands enveloped my face in an attempt to muffle my sobs and stall my tears. The sound of dirt hitting the top of his casket after the cover was placed on made me flinch.

A rattle of dirt, a crack of a rock, a puff of dust from it stacking. Everything filled my ears, making me jump with every shovel placed on top of him as he exited this life, exited this world, leaving me alone.  

"Come back," I whimpered, running my hands through my hair and grabbing the strands, tugging the living hell out of them.

"Please... just come back to me." I watched as the last few shovels of dirt were placed on top of his grave, officially sealing him off from myself and the rest of the world - a place never to be disturbed by the light of day again.