Epilogue

─── ・。•̩̩͙˚。✧: *.☽ .* :✧•̩̩͙・゚。───

Our time was coming to an end together. 862 years was a long time to be in love.

It's even better when you die in love, I always thought.

I had grown happily with Jungkook. We raised three children. I lived long enough to see our first child become the next Alpha and our second child to become the mate to someone of our neighboring pack and ally. And my third child, an oracle.

We had lived through the death of my oracle, Yoongi, the death of Jungkook's mother, and the death of my best friend, Taehyung. But we were happy. We had been through so much, but loved so fiercely, we became an example to our children and the pack, as a legend, a love story, a tale to be passed on forever and live in the old history book.

I lived long enough to see Seungjae's gravestone disappear. I lived long enough to see the Yang pack crumble. I lived long enough to even see the home Jungkook and I shared for so long destroyed and rebuilt.

I lived through thirteen wars, seventeen allies, hundreds of thousands of kisses, five houses, countless births and deaths, and one mark.

I had grown alongside the love of my life and lived a life I was proud of. But I could feel him dying, and he could feel me dying. I sat on our porch on a warm summer's day, staring out at the valley below us. We had our last home built on the edge where he first met me and had first taken me to show what I would be ruling over so many years ago.

I smiled at the sun which slowly rose in the sky, loving the way it cast a shadow over every green tree.

"What are you doing out here?" Jungkook's old voice asked from behind me, shuffling over to the chair next to me.

I looked over my shoulder at him and smiled, wrinkles around my eyes, and shakily reaching out for his hand as he carefully sat down, reaching over to lace his old fingers with mine. "Just watching the sun." I answered softly, my voice rough and groggy.

"Remember when I took you here when we first met?" Jungkook asked after a while of us sitting in silence.

"You ask that question every time, Kookie." I replied with a smile, looking over at him. He looked back at me, his face full of wrinkles and dark spots. His hair had turned silver so long ago, I almost forgot what he looked like when he was younger.

"I love you." He whispered softly, making me smile and raise my hand to his lips to kiss it.

"I think we've lived a good life, don't you?" I asked.

"Yes. I think so." He answered softly, looking back out at the sun without another word.

"I think it's time to let go." I finally said, looking at him with a sad smile as I tightened my grip on his hand.

He looked over at me with sad eyes, but his smile said the same thing as I was feeling. He just nodded slowly and rose from his chair, shuffling over to help me up as my back wasn't what it used to be.

He placed a light hand on my back, the other holding my hand as we walked inside of the small home together, both of us walking slowly towards our bedroom. Jungkook helped me up onto our bed, allowing me to roll onto my side as I waited for him to get in too, his chest moving to fit my back just as perfectly as it did when we were young.

I thought back to those days as he wrapped his arm around me and closed his eyes.

I remembered.

Mole on the bottom lip, black hair, doe eyes, strong nose, sharp jawline. I smiled at the thought and laced my fingers in his, closing my eyes too.

I didn't feel it when it happened. I had already died once, but the second time was so much warmer, kinder to me.

I died loved and cared for. I died with three children, mated to an Alpha, Luna to a pack, and lover to a faithful mate and husband who never once gave up on me.

We adored intimately, desired passionately, and loved eternally.

I was his and he was mine, forever and always.

─── ・。•̩̩͙˚。✧: *.☽ .* :✧•̩̩͙・゚。───