1 ⋆ Mate

─── ・。•̩̩͙˚。✧: *.☽ .* :✧•̩̩͙・゚。───

Jimin's Pov

My eyes were barely opened and I was slightly conscious as I floated through the forest. I could tell I was being carried as strong arms held me tightly, carrying my limp body through the dark forest. I slowly looked around, realizing a trail of at least a hundred girls and men walked behind me and beside me. 

The girl I had seen with the black hair and beads walked beside me, staring at me. "Luna." She whispered softly, bowing her head lightly to me. I furrowed my eyebrows lazily, looking up to meet the stern face of the man who had trapped me against the tree. He stared straight ahead, his face strong and emotionless. 

I went slack once more, letting him carry me through the forest as we approached a clearing lit by torches. The entire clearing was a circle, a crowd of people waiting on the sides as we approached four large chairs constructed of wood, almost like the Iron Throne of twigs and branches. 

A man and woman sat in the two middle ones, larger than the other two, and two men sat on either side in smaller thrones. The group trailing behind me stopped and filled the empty gap of the circle, leaving me and the man carrying me as the only ones in the center. He carried me to the four people, gently lied me down in front of them. 

I was barely able to do anything except look around weakly. I felt as if I was presented to them as a gift, the man carried me kneeled down on his knees and bowed his head before the group of four. Everyone was murmuring quietly on the sides, elders closest to the four. I realized as I slowly looked around that the circle went around by age. 

The eldests were closest to the group of four and the youngests, those trailing behind myself and the strong man, stood on the opposite side of the group of four in the thrones.

The man in the middle throne stood and slowly walked over to me, tilting his head and staring down at me. "He's human." He said. 

The group of people started gossiping louder. I whined softly, the man who had carried me twitching and looking down at me, as if he wanted to come and help me instantly.

"You've chosen a human as a mate, Jungkook." The older man growled. Jungkook. The name was like music to my ears and my heart fluttered at the sound of it. 

"I'm aware, father." Jungkook growled, his voice making my heart melt. I slowly lolled my head to the other side, whimpering. Jungkook looked down completely and stared at me, making a move to come to me, but stopped. He seemed to be fighting the urge as this was a ceremony and he most likely wasn't allowed to.

"Are you sure this is the one?" His father asked, taking a seat once more. 

"Yes." Jungkook seethed, staring at me as I weakly stared back at him, his dark eyes mesmerizing me. I studied his face, realizing he looked even more handsome underneath the red face paint and black hair, a few beads threaded into one single strand.

"Not many of our kind have chosen human mates. It will be hard, son." 

I slowly reached up and placed a hand on my forehead, feeling the almost dried blood between my eyebrows. Jungkook growled lowly at me, a warning not to touch. 

"He'll have to become accustomed to our ways, he'll have to complete the bond by the end of this moon, and he'll have to serve as a Luna to this pack." 

"I am aware, father." Jungkook said, keeping eye contact with me.

"Very well then. You may take your mate." 

Jungkook stood quickly, scooping me up in his arms and holding me limply once more. He walked to the center of the clearing, everyone slowly advancing with outstretched arms, making a giant crowd around us. They placed their hands on us, chanting lowly, "Luna, Luna, Luna." I weakly look up, staring at the completely white new moon before passing out once more. 

⋆⋅☆⋅⋆

I woke with a start, waking in a bed I had never seen before. I quickly jumped out of the bed, the events of last night flowing through my head. I stared in front of me, staring out of a giant wall that was a window, a large clearing with a gravel path making a circle in the center of it. Four other houses all looking exactly alike were placed around the gravel circle. 

I backed away from the window and noticed the door open to the bedroom I was in. I quickly made a run for it, attempting to flee the unfamiliar home. A strong arm suddenly grabbed me from behind, holding me against their strong chest. I kicked and cried, screaming, "Let me go!" as he held me tightly, whispering in my ear soothing sounds.

I went limp in his arms almost instantly, something within me making me relax. "You're not going anywhere." His voice growled lowly in my ear, making me melt. I went even more slack, allowing him to pick me up and sit me down in a chair in the living room. I sat there, staring at him as he sat down across from me, his muscles bulging. 

His semi-long black hair still had the single strand of beads in it, braided on the side of his face by his ear. He stared at me with the same hard eyes that looked as if he could kill me instantly.

"Do you remember anything from last night?" He questioned. I swallowed hard, not able to turn my head away from him for some reason. 

"There was a ceremony or something of the sorts. You did something to my forehead. I remember laying on the ground and something about mate and Luna and wolves." My voice started to tremble as I became scared again. Jungkook waved his fingers slightly on the armrest, making me calm instantly again as if he could get into my head. 

"What's my name?" He asked.

"Jungkook," I whispered. The sound of his name rolling off of my tongue made him close his eyes, flexing his fingers as if what I had said sent shivers through him. He opened his eyes which were glossed over with something unfamiliar to me, but it made me shiver too. 

"What's your name?" Jungkook questioned, making a fist to calm himself.

"Park Jimin," I said softly.

He sighed and nodded. "Jimin," he tested on his tongue. I stared at him with wide eyes, loving how he said my name.

"Do you know why you're here, Jimin?" I shook my head, hanging on to his every word. 

"This isn't going to make any sense to you at first, but I need you to listen. You stumbling into our choosing ritual wasn't an accident, Jimin. It was fate. What you walked into is a tradition that we've done for years here in this pack. Jimin... you've just stumbled into the Jeon Pack. We're werewolves." I stared at him. He stared back.

I slowly started to laugh, "You're kidding right?" I asked.

He stared harshly at me, making me lose the laugh and smile. He was being serious. 

"My name is Jeon Jungkook. I am the soon to be Alpha of this pack. Last night was the choosing ritual, where I was destined to find my mate, the person whom I'll spend the rest of my life with. You're my mate, Jimin."

─── ・。•̩̩͙˚。✧: *.☽ .* :✧•̩̩͙・゚。───