41 ⋆ Canines

─── ・。•̩̩͙˚。✧: *.☽ .* :✧•̩̩͙・゚。───

Jungkook's POV 

Two guards stood outside of the cabin, keeping guard as I approached. They bowed their heads as I got to the door and unlocked it, opening the inside to reveal Donghae sitting against one of the wooden walls, twiddling straw in his fingers.

He looked up at me and smirked. "He's dead, isn't he? I killed him, didn't I?" He taunted, setting down the piece of straw he was playing with.

I raised a hand to one of the guards, signaling I wanted to be left alone with him. Donghae's smile dropped as the door closed and left us alone. 

The black cloak I wore around my shoulders swept the floor, dusting up some straw as I moved across from him and sat down.

"I will admit, you got a good mate there. All he did was beg for you, but he fought hard to stay alive too. I admire that, I do. But you understand why I did what I did, don't you? I can't have you coming into my pack, trying to take the only thing I could use to get your land. I had to kill him." Donghae reasoned, watching my every move as I stayed put without a word. 

"Aren't you going to say something?" Donghae asked, bringing up a knee to rest his elbow on as he held the right side of his face in his hand.

I looked down at the floor, staring at the straw. The walls cracked and split in places where wind could seep in. It was almost exactly the same as to what Jimin was held in.

"He was human." I whispered, looking back up at Donghae who stared back at me, expecting me to go on. "He was human. He didn't know our life, didn't know our ways. He didn't even know we existed, and yet, I brought him into our world and I made him live it as if he had grown up the way we did. He was human, but you killed him."

"If you're trying to make a point here, you're doing a poor job." He scoffed.

I shook my head, "I'm not trying to make a point. I'm trying to make you realize you killed Jimin - my Jimin." I whispered with a desperate passion.

"You killed my Miyong and Ara." He countered with no remorse, looking back up at me.

"You were the one who brought them to the battlefield during a war between two packs. Your partner and your child." I squinted my eyes at him, "This war killed Miyong and Ara, but you killed Jimin. And this all started with you, with my sister. Your mate, who you murdered. She was human too. Just like Jimin, Narae was human."

Donghae glared at me for bringing up the topic of Narae. "They're weak, unlike us. I loved Narae. I did. But I didn't love her as a human. I thought she would live. I saw strength in her, unlike all of the other humans I had seen, and I thought she could survive. But she didn't, and I realized how weak they all really were."

He let out a chuckle, "You can imagine the irony when I discovered you had been mated to one, fallen in love too. It came to my mind not only could I get him to negotiate land from you, but also to see how strong he was as well. Unfortunately, it appears they're all weak."

The anger in my bubbling more and more at his words. "Jimin wasn't weak. I knew him, and weak was something he wasn't. He survived in your miserable conditions - malnutrition, cold, rape, everything. He survived. He only died because those two teeth in your mouth-" I stopped, my eyes falling on his mouth as a sudden realization came to me.

I quickly stood and knocked on the door, the guards letting me out as I walked into the cold air, Donghae staring confusedly behind me. 

"Alpha?" One of the men called. I continued walking, determined, as I got further and further away from the shack and closer to my home.