17 ⋆ Talk

─── ・。•̩̩͙˚。✧: *.☽ .* :✧•̩̩͙・゚。───

Jimin's POV

9 days before preparing for the mating ceremony

I grabbed the necklace off of my neck, chucking it against the wall and shattering it to a million different pieces. I screamed, anger and despair filling every ounce of my body.

"Fuck!" I wailed, running my hands down my face as I crumpled to my knees and held myself, my body feeling empty and drained. I sat there for a while, staring at the broken pieces of the stone.

Jungkook was in another conference to discuss the attack while I was alone and out of love. I ran a hand through my messy hair and slowly I rose to my feet to pull on some warm clothes from the closet. As I tugged them on, my mind wandered to the outside and the sudden desire to be anywhere but inside of these walls.

I left eventually and marched down the gravel path. After walking for a long time, I came across a small lake, spotting Jin trying to skip rocks across it. I watched him struggle for a while, until I couldn't stand it anymore and walked over, grabbing a rock on the way.

I stood beside him, he jumped at my sudden presence, but I ignored his reaction. "You gotta twist your wrist, and snap it while swinging your arm big, like this," I threw the flat rock, it skipped at least eight times, I smiled proudly looking over at him.

He watched the rock sink, not looking back, "...Thanks."

He grabbed another rock, and I instructed him through each step. He tried again, but the rock only made a big splash and sank slowly to the bottom.

He pouted, sat down on the ground, ears turning red. "Whatever... fishing is much better and way more fun than this."

I rolled my eyes at his excuse, "You'll get better if you just practice more". I sat down beside him. We stayed there in silence for a while, hearing birds chirp and watching the tranquil scenery.

I contemplated whether or not to talk to Jin about what happened between me and Jungkook, as Jin knew him for a long time, and could maybe give some useful advice, but then I realized there's something else I need to address before anything.

I cleared my throat, bringing attention to myself. "So... about what happened on that training field... I... I want to apologize... I'm really sorry." I whispered.

After some suffocating silence, he said, "It's alright. Don't worry about it. It didn't even hurt."

I chuckled at the last part in disbelief. "Sure it didn't hurt, you rolling around on the ground was just great acting."

He gasped and glared at me offended, "Excuse you, I am a great actor, I graduated from Konkuk University, the top acting school in all of Korea."

"Wow that's actually pretty amazing. Actor Jin, good for you." I hummed, genuinely impressed.

"Thank you," he smiled, content at my reply. "They don't call me worldwide handsome for no reason, and with my talent, I'm definitely going to Hollywood and collaborate with Brad Pitt."

Baffled, I was speechless at how shameless Jin was. My face scrunched up and my face red as I tried not to burst out laughing at his ridiculous statement.

He then looked at his watch, and stood up suddenly, startling me. "Oh my god, my break is over, I have to go back and guard." He turned and dashed onto the gravel road.

"Bye!" He yelled and waved at me. I waved back.

I stepped onto the gravel road, walking back, feeling somewhat refreshed as I've gotten one thing off my chest, but the looming incident that happened yesterday between me and my mate weighed on my mind once more, and it's not going away anytime soon.