6 ⋆ Mochi

─── ・。•̩̩͙˚。✧: *.☽ .* :✧•̩̩͙・゚。───

Jimin's POV

I woke to the sunshine streaming through the window, the crown still heavy on my head. I groaned and sat up, pulling the headdress off and setting it on the nightstand. I left the crescent jewel on and slowly got out of bed, padding over to the closet. Pulling on some black ripped jeans and a grey hoodie, I deemed myself good for the day.

Jungkook stood at the kitchen counter, sipping coffee, and staring outside. His eyes locked with mine as I walked over and grabbed my own cup, filling it with the coffee he had made.

"I thought we could go for a walk today. Get to know each other better." I said, walking around to the other side of the counter.

He stared at me with the same emotionless and cold expression I had grown to know.

"Okay." He finally said.

I could tell the events of last night were weighing heavy on his mind. I sighed and set down the mug, walking over to his side. Jungkook turned and faced me, confused as I reached out and wrapped my arms around him.

I buried my face in his chest, giving him a big hug. He was uncertain of the action but slowly wrapped his arms around me.

"I'm trying here, Jungkook. I really am. But you have to try too. I know what you want and need, but I know what I want and need too. I'm fine with hugging, hand-holding, and the spontaneous making out every once in a while. But let's just keep it at that for some time before we move into the big stuff, okay?" I asked, looking up at him nervously.

Jungkook stared down at me and gently reached out, tucking a lock of hair behind my ear, then nodded. "Okay." He said. He leaned forward and placed his lips against my forehead, a warmth spreading through my body.

"What you're feeling is the bond," He said, "The warmth you feel, the tingles, the fireworks, the sudden urges like last night. It's all the bond's doing. I feel it too. You can't control it. It's just a feeling like everything is right. Don't fight it, unless if it's the marking and mating obviously, but it knows what it's doing. Let it help." He whispered.

I nodded and pulled away, looking outside at the woods with its leaves changing colors due to the fall. I opened the back door and walked outside, Jungkook following behind me. We walked in silence for a while, Jungkook seeming to lead the way to somewhere. He led us deep into the woods until we came across a small pond and tiny waterfall dropping off of a stream.

I smiled and followed Jungkook's lead as we sat on some nearby rocks. I leaned my head on his shoulder as he stared at the trickling water.

"My nickname is Kookie. I'm twenty-two. And I'm a werewolf." He started off.

I laughed at the cute nickname and nodded. "Okay. That's a good way to start off."

He sighed and shook his head. "I'm not good at this."

I nodded, "I can tell."

Jungkook huffed and looked around, annoyed.

"My nickname is Mochi. Weird, I know, but my mom had this whole thing with anything rice cake related and she loved Chuseok. Which, looking at it now, is super ironic."

"It's celebrated on the 15th day of the 8th month of the lunar calendar on the full moon, I know," Jungkook said, sounding genuinely interested.

"Yeah... she loved the moon. She was an astronomer, and I remember growing up knowing everything about the solar system and space. She was a good mom- a single mom, but a good one. It was a sad day when she passed." I whispered, nuzzling my head into his shoulder.

"How did she pass?" Jungkook asked softly.

I sighed and blinked a few times. "She had cancer. But she passed without pain. Her heart just stopped in her sleep. So it wasn't really cancer that killed her I don't think, more like a weak heart ready to stop." Jungkook was quiet for a while.

"I can feel my father getting weaker. Families share a bond, much like mates have. We feel each other's pain and thoughts." He swallowed hard. "I can feel him dying."

I gently kissed his shoulder and nodded. "It'll be okay. I'm here alongside you. You can lean on me." I assured him. Jungkook rested his head on top of mine a few moments later.

"What was it like growing up as a werewolf?" I asked, breaking the comfortable silence.

Jungkook thought about it for a minute. "It was fun. We have lots of celebrations and parties. There's never a dull moment. When I turned thirteen, I shifted for the first time. The average age is fifteen when wolves first shift, but Alpha's typically shift sooner. Worst pain in my life. But it's been pretty smooth sailing since then. I trained often, grew to my father's position, and here I am."

I thought about it for a second, then asked, "Can you shift for me?"

Jungkook turned and stared at me. "Right now?"

I nodded and smiled.

He thought about it then sighed. "You'll have to see it sooner or later."

He stood and glanced over his shoulder at me. "I have to get naked for this. You might want to cover your eyes."

I quickly slapped my hands over my eyes and waited, only peeking once to see his strong, tanned back muscles that rippled under his skin. The sight alone made my mouth water. I then closed my eyes for sure, hearing the sound of bones snapping in front of me. I winced at the sound, it only lasted a second or two before stopping.

Slowly, I lowered my hands and looked in front of me, a giant black wolf staring at me with Jungkook's hazel eyes. For a minute, I panicked and fell from the rock, staring at him with wide eyes as he stared back at me. His eyes seemed to stare into my soul as he slowly moved forward, the black fur taut under his movements.

I slowly stood, my own eyes level with him as his wolf form was extremely huge. Hesitantly, I reached out and placed my hand on his forehead, leaning forward and placing my own forehead against his. I wasn't sure why I did this, but the bond had led me to do it, and I took his advice not to fight it.

Jungkook and I stayed like that for a while before he pulled away and looked over his shoulder, then looked back at me, as if to say, follow me that way? I smiled and walked beside him as we walked through the forest together.

"My full name is Park Jimin. I'm twenty-four. I'm the future Luna of this pack. My favorite food is kimchi jjigae. I love kimchi. My favorite subject in school was dance. I was on the path of becoming a professional dancer. I know too much about music and dancing. My best friend is Kim Taehyung and I also love singing, photography, star gazing, and animals."

Jungkook listened intently as we continued to walk. A beautiful view suddenly came as he walked us to an opening of a cliff that overlooked a giant forest below.

"How does no one know about this? About you?" I asked.

But he just looked at the land with intent eyes. I followed his eyes and stared at the land which I realized one day would be ours.

─── ・。•̩̩͙˚。✧: *.☽ .* :✧•̩̩͙・゚。───