1 | Old Friends

❝SEASON 1, EPISODE 1

seattle grace hospital. it was beautiful, she thought. not as big as the hospital she works at in new york, but still, the building in front of her was beautiful. after what seemed a minute of looking at the building, Jamie walked towards the big hospital doors. the girl then entered the hospital, not knowing where the neurology department was, she quickly sat on one of the chairs, hoping that her friend would see her.

"i have five rules. memorize them. rule number one, don't bother sucking up, i already hate you, and that's not going to change." a small doctor then appeared from the east side of the hospital, in her back, were four young doctors, interns, she thought. jamie figured out that she was right. it was the intern's first day of work. the endless scut, labs, and stitches she did when she was still an intern.

"trauma protocol, phone lists, pagers. nurses will page you, you answer every page at a run. a run, that's rule number two. your first shift starts now and lasts forty-eight hours." the doctor said, finally facing the group of interns who were hovering over her.

"you're interns, grunts, nobodies, the bottom of the surgical food chain, you run labs, write orders, work every second night till you drop, and don't complain!"