28 | Feel It Still

❝SEASON 2, EPISODE 7

CHECK THE AUTHOR'S NOTE AT THE END OF THE STORY.

WHEN SHE WAS JUST A YOUNG KID, SHE HAD TO FEND FOR HERSELF. her mother had erin and her father had christopher. jamie? she had no one. all throughout her middle school and high school life, she was a consistent honors student, and robert, her dad, wouldn't even congratulate her. he would instead treat erin to a nice day out for being the politest student. so, when she met derek, addison, and mark, she finally found people on her side.

eventually, her chosen family was destroyed. derek left for seattle and mark had sex with addison. she knew she had to get derek back – she had to be with his best friend. going to seattle, she expected that it was just going to be derek and her. instead, she found a new home in the form of meredith, george, izzie, cristina, and even alex. "she's a circus attraction with these people staring at her." jamie said as she gulped her gatorade. she then faced other interns gawking and gossiping. "hey, all of you, do you want to do scut for the rest of your lives, or do you want to get back to work?"

george looked at meredith with concern. "she's a like a zoo animal, like that rare panda everyone stares at."