29 | Rock and Roll

❝SEASON 2, EPISODE 17

HAVING KIDS AND GETTING PREGNANT NEVER CROSSED JAMIE'S MIND. at a young age, she saw how stressful her mother's life was – juggling work and taking care of her kids. but whenever she sees expecting mothers push a baby out of them like it's nothing, she applauds how they can do this. weeks have passed and miranda has finally reached the end stages of her pregnancy. "god, bailey, you need to take some epidural. i don't know how you can take this." jamie said as she stroked miranda's hair.

"jennings stop stroking me like i'm some puppy." bailey huffed. "what i need is my husband and my husband is not here!"

jamie was in awe of how miranda handled pregnancy. she just had to laugh at what the woman said. unbeknownst to the two doctors, everyone in the hospital was evacuating because of a bomb. maybe them not knowing was for the better. "you know what, let me talk to addison and see if she has an update." she said as she stood up from her seat. "make sure she's comfortable." she told the nurse.

as she left the room, she quickly noticed that the hospital turned desolate – as if she was in a desert and a tumbleweed would roll in front of her. "what's happening?" she asked the running nurse.

"there's a bomb inside of a body!" the nurse yelled as she ran towards the elevator. the words of the nurse made her knees weak. her hands started to tremble as her life flashed before her eyes. one thought came to mind, and it was to call her family. but as soon as she saw cristina, relief washed over her knowing that her friends were safe.

she quickly rushed to cristina's side. "thank god you're safe! where's everyone? derek? meredith?" she rambled.

"you don't know?" cristina whispered, her eyes furrowed. "meredith has the bomb. like, her hand is touching the bomb because she's stupid."

cristina's words struck her like a truck. she didn't know how to react or what to say. "well, where is she? at least if she dies she's with her people."

"no. you can't come." cristina shook her head at the jamie's idea. "there are too many people upstairs."

jamie closed her eyes and sighed. "fine. but tell her to not die, please.

✴︎

everything felt like a movie for jamie. miranda's husband was in the operating room, miranda was giving birth with george on her back, meredith was the girl with the bomb, and jamie was sitting on the curb outside the hospital, feeling helpless. the seattle fire department told everyone to leave but she didn't want to. she wanted to stay when meredith was finally out.

after hours of finally waiting, a loud explosion startled everybody. jamie's eyes glowed with ember as her eyes trailed the smoke-filled building. no thoughts entered her mind as she quickly ran towards the entrance. a couple of the firefighters shouted at her, but nothing could stop her. as she entered the hospital, she quickly saw meredith's stoic face. she looked like hell, jamie thought.

"what do you want to do?" jamie asked the girl.

meredith looked at her with sadness evident in her eyes. "i need to shower."

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

new filler update! very very short but fret not, the next update is going to be juicy <3

VOTE, FOLLOW, & COMMENT!