5 | Black Treacle

❝SEASON 1, EPISODE 2

the gloomy weather of seattle made jamie homesick. the rain made it worse. she remembered how mark would take her dancing in the rain which made jamie sick. as she silently mope and reminisce about her life in new york, she slowly walked towards a hotel called archfield. the hotel had a gold interior which made her think that it would make her wallet hurt. she then made her way to the front desk that was almost as tall as her.

"good evening. are there any available rooms today?" jamie asked the lady in from of her.

"good evening, ma'am. yes, there are available rooms for tonight." the kind lady told jamie.

"oh, okay. uhm, how much per night?" jamie said, she silently hoped that it was only one hundred dollars.

"2,500 per night, ma'am."

as the lady said the price of the room, jamie's eyes went big. 2,500 dollars? are you kidding me? that's like my rent back in new york, she thought. the girl didn't have a choice. she had nowhere to go. jamie sighed as she took her card. her mind keeps telling her to go and just sleep on the sidewalk outside of the hospital. but no, she still extended her arm to the lady, with her credit card in her hand.