25 | Roadrunner

❝SEASON 2, EPISODE 4 - PART 2

"honey, whether you like it or not, mark is a part of our lives. he's like the adopted son of your aunt carolyn." agnes said as she took the glass of bourbon from her daughter. "since when did you drink?" she said as she took a swig from the glass.

the girl sighed – her focus shifting to the spinning globe in her mother's oak-wood cabinet. "since mark and addison happened."

✴︎

the day went by surprisingly fast to jamie's liking. she thought of different scenarios that could stop mark from coming over for dinner. but much to her dismay, she heard mark's annoying chuckle outside the dining room. "thank you so much for inviting me, agnes. i know it's eight. sorry i'm late, i had emergency surgery." mark said as his eyes caught jamie's.

it might be the bourbon in her system or it might be mark's intoxicating smile but the room felt like jamie was having dinner at the sun. beads of sweat trickled down on her forehead as mark walked up towards her. "hey, jj." mark whispered as he sat down beside her.

"erin is sitting there," jamie snickered as she took a swig of bourbon. "i suggest you sit beside my mom or christopher."

with tension building up, agnes immediately took her wine glass and cleared her throat. "i am so happy to have my three amazing kids and my future son-in-law at one table," agnes chuckled, which jamie didn't find her mother's joke funny.

"kidding aside, i want to congratulate everybody's accomplishments tonight. christopher, congratulations on being a senior partner in your grandfather's firm. jamie, i am so proud of your new job as head of cardiothoracic surgery at seattle grace. erin, in a few more months and you'll graduate medical school and i am so happy that you're following in my footsteps. and mark, you may not be my son but i am happy that you'll follow my jamie to seattle." agnes cried as she drank her wine. but as she cries, jamie's eyebrows furrowed at what her mother said.

she quickly stood and faced her mother's beetroot face. "follow me? what am i, some ten-year-old who always needs her mommy with her? fuck this." jamie said as she grabbed her purse and suitcase. "thank you for the lovely meal, mother. but i do not need a babysitter nor a man-whore following my footsteps in seattle." she screamed as she ran to escape her mother's suffocating house.

✴︎

that night, her suitcase, purse, and new york city's most famous rat was jamie's friend. with her ticket scheduled for tomorrow evening, jamie didn't know what to do. she tried calling her old landlord but sadly, her old apartment had a new tenant. in her mind, the only thing she could do was to go to the airport and hope for the best. she tried her best to hail a cab but all were taken. because of that, she used all her energy to walk to the airport.

exhausted, tired, and sad – that was jamie as she arrived at the airport. "please tell me you have a flight to seattle tonight." she asked the attendant who looked at her weirdly.

"you're in luck. a seattle flight is leaving at nine." the attendant said while giving her the look – the look her judgemental mother gave to people. "i'm going to take that, please. first class."

✴︎

back in seattle, the interns were now piled up in cristina's room as she sobbed in her bed. "what's going on?" meredith asked george and izzie. as she entered the room."

"i can't stop. i can't." cristina said through her sobs.

george threw a bottle of water in cristina's lap – scared at what the intern could do to him. "she's going to dehydrate." george said. "cristina, do you want some more water?"

unbeknownst to the trio, jamie had already arrived and saw the whole debacle unfold between her eyes. "i left for one day and this is happening?" jamie said as she walked and climbed onto cristina's bed. "i'm here. we're all here." she said as she smoothed cristina's hair down.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

new update! here's part 2 of the previous chapter!

a little update on my personal life, i'm not a freshman anymore! it's also our summer break thank god and that means more updates! excited for my sophomore year of college <333 what about you, what's up with your life?

VOTE, FOLLOW, & COMMENT!