31 | Falling Elevators

❝SEASON 3, EPISODE 3❞

IT WAS A NEW MONTH TO FUCK STUFF UP, ACCORDING TO JAMIE

IT WAS A NEW MONTH TO FUCK STUFF UP, ACCORDING TO JAMIE. the weather was awful; the mugs at meredith's house magically disappeared, and the wind blew the window in jamie's room last night. besides the disappearing mugs, callie and george started dating while izzie was fired from the program because of the "denny incident." it was a bad start to the month. luckily, one good thing happened – mark finally left seattle. "why the hell is izzie stevens standing outside?" jamie pondered as she and addison stood at the nurses' station.

addison, who was looking at her phone, paid no attention to her friend. "what?" she said, her eyes still fixated on the gadget in her hand.

"it's nothing." jamie laughed. "what are you even doing?" she asked. ever since mark left, addison has always been grumpy and angry. while jamie was annoyed by it, she could understand where addison was coming from. as addison was eaten away by her phone, jamie's phone rang – startling her and the nurses. "hello?" she said as her lips met the hot tea.

"where do you live again?" a voice she was familiar with asked.

leaving addison's side, jamie went to the empty conference room to speak. "what the hell are you still doing here?" jamie cursed at the man.

"i'm here at joe's bar. the one across the hospital. come here." mark chuckled. hearing his voice again was both a torture and a relief for jamie.

hearing him plea made her melt on the spot. but as a new "tough" girl, she had to forget how she loved his voice. "unlike you, i have work to do, so stop it, mark."

"let's just talk as two civilized people, please." mark pleaded.

"i can book you a flight to new york right now or better yet, you can use my grandfather's private jet that's stuck here in seattle." jamie sighs as she sits beside mark. "i'm here as an ex-colleague. what do you want?"

"bad weather, jj. you can't make me leave just yet." he chuckled as he took a swig of his scotch. it may be too early for day drinking but mark knows no rules when he's not on-call. "scotch?"

jamie scoffed, her eyes fixated on her freshly painted short nails. "i'm on-call."

"can we just sit in silence then?" mark asked which jamie replied with a nod.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

very very very and i will repeat very short chapter because i have writer's block but don't worry, the next chapter will be extra long AND extra juicy as a consolation ;)

VOTE, FOLLOW, & COMMENT!