Prologue

Two days before Christmas, and a young lady was scrambling through a snow storm that hit the town with such a ferocity that she was forced out of the warmth of her home to get some necessities ASAP.

Reaching the closest convenience store she quickly got a basket and ran through the store collecting toiletries along with some instant food items. She was so focused on finding the items that she became oblivious to her surroundings. She went straight into a hard back that was covered with a soft padded jacket to keep out the cold.

The tall man turned around, his brows furrowed as he gazed down at her. His mouth and nose were covered by a mask while a bright pink beanie covered his head. The only part visible were his eyes.

Those eyes.....

They were dark and soulful. Intimidating yet warm. Intense and full of mystery. Her hands itched to paint those eyes.

Her inspection of his eyes took exactly two seconds before she started bowing and apologizing. "I'm so sorry. I was in a bit of hurry. I didn't see you."

He must've taken pity on her pajama clad, red faced and runny nosed self for his forehead cleared of lines. "It's okay but be careful next time. Not everyone is a good person in this world."

She smiled hearing his deep voice ringing with sincerity and bowed again. "I'll keep that in mind."

She ambled carefully around him to get some art supplies and get home as fast as possible. "Get home safe." The guy shouted behind her.

She turned around smiling and bowing. "You too." She shouted back and quickly got out of there after paying the bill.

Once in her little warm house, she brewed some tea, unloading her shopping till the tea brewed. Taking the steaming cup in both of her hands, she headed downstairs in her little studio, separated from the bigger studio where ten canvases stood for students or whoever wanted to paint freely.

Taking a sip she closed her eyes, remembering the man's eyes. She took her time remembering how emotions swirled in his dark brown orbs.

First confusion, then annoyance and then empathy, finally settling into a blankness that made one wonder if he was thinking something or not, but it was that same blankness that made him look mysterious in a way that was non-threatening.

Her eyes flew open knowing exactly what she was going to draw. Setting the cup down she prepared her canvas, paints and brushes. Her hands moved faster than lightning. Swirls of black, blue, brown, white and peachy tones adorned the blank space.

Hours later she took a step back, finally letting the brush rest in the water container, the paint on it dissolving in the jar in beautiful swirls.

The painting was done and with that her mind was at peace for now, till she found something else to paint tomorrow. The young woman was happy with how the painting turned out. It conveyed every emotion that the man had felt when he saw her today and she wondered if she could ever show this to him.

Maybe she would, maybe not but for now it'd be her newest masterpiece.

A masterpiece that could fulfill her life's dream...