25.

A moan slipped past the sleeping woman's lips as she tried to move in her bed. She hadn't known it was going to be so hot today or she would have slept naked. Her hand moved on its own accord to wipe away the drops of sweat gathered on her forehead.

She tried to roll over but felt something holding her down. Whatever it was, was making her feel hot too. Heavy and hot. Without opening her eyes, trying to chase the last bits of sleep, she tried moving away the object holding her down. Her eyes flew open however, when her hand connected with warm flesh.

Aera's breath got stuck as she glanced down, only to find a mop of dark hair spread over her chest, Taehyung's nose nuzzled between her breasts. Her heartbeat started increasing as she realised how closely tangled they were with his leg thrown between her own legs.

Recovering from the initial shock of finding Kim Taehyung not only in her bed but also cuddling her as if she was his fluffy teddy bear, she tried getting out of his grip. He grumbled in his sleep, his arms tightening around her torso as she moved upwards on the bed.

"More sleep. Don't go," his words got muffled against her chest, her heart skipping a beat as his hot breath hit her skin. Gosh, this is erotic in the worst way possible, she thought.

Knowing she wouldn't have much success in freeing herself from his clutches, Aera decided to relax and wait till he woke up. His breath kept hitting her in rhythmic puffs, a few grumbled words escaping now and then. She couldn't help but smile at how peacefully he slept, almost resembling a baby.

Her fingers moved effortlessly through his hair, drawing out a sigh from him. It made her think if he was really asleep or just pretending. She even though to test him but something in her stopped her. Looking up at the ceiling she just continued to massage his scalp, hoping he felt better.

Last night burnt bright in her mind. She was drunk but not enough to forget anything. She remembered her confession and his encouraging words. She wanted to believe him so much, she wanted to let go of her fear but the insecurities that had accumulated over the years wouldn't just disappear overnight. Not even if someone she liked and admired said it. It wasn't a trivial matter to her, people in the past had made sure to not make it one.

Shaking her head, she focused back on the man using her as his pillow. She wondered what would happen when he woke up. She just hoped nothing turned awkward since she loved the intimacy Taehyung showed her. A part of her even craved for it.

Wanting to keep this moment safe, she took her phone and snapped some pictures of him, giggling as she scrolled through the gallery. One particular picture caught her attention though. It made her fingers itch to hold a paint brush and draw it. She found it really weird that every action Taehyung did made her want to paint. He was the ultimate muse any artist would want, a multifaceted person who never ceased to inspire, light up the flame to capture the moment in immortal colours on the blank canvas.

"Why did you stop?" a voice, dark and luxurious like decadent chocolate, raw and fresh as it could possibly be, spoke, breaking her out of her reverie. The woman chuckled, her fingers finding their way back to his soft hair, her other hand drawing patterns on his bare arm. "So, you've been awake this whole time."

He looked up then, propping his chin on her soft bosom. The way his dark eyes held her own, made her gulp, a dark shade of pink traveling up her neck to settle on her soft cheeks. He was so ethereally handsome, it made breathing hard for her.

He made no effort to release her, nor get away from her as rubbed his cheek on her hot skin, much like Mel loved to do on her legs. But he wasn't Mel, he was the man she found fascinating and attractive.

"I've been awake since you stopped. I like it. It made me relax," he said, completely aware of how his actions made her react. It gave him hope and encouraged him to further tease her.

"I was just thinking about what colour to use to paint the sunlight streaming through your hair. You wouldn't mind me painting you, would you?" she asked, squirming in his hold till he moved away and propped himself on his arm to look down at her.

"I would be honoured to be drawn by you," he replied in a hushed voice, his hand cupping her jaw. Aera's eyes widened when he started leaning forward, panic blossoming in her chest, her brain acutely aware of her bad breath. Taehyung however, wasn't fazed that much and rubbed his nose against hers affectionately.

Aera laid there, stunned beyond bounds and warmth blooming through her at his bold display of affection, something he hadn't dared to do until today. With a boyish grin, he started leaving her bed.

"Come on, get up now. Freshen up while I fix us breakfast." Gulping hard, still shocked at the sudden change in Taehyung's behaviour, Aera got up and rushed to the bathroom.

**

"You didn't cook this up so quickly," Aera said in disbelief as she watched the small feast spread over her coffee table. Gone was the bold Taehyung as he rubbed the back of his neck shyly. "Well, I got it for you yesterday but you fell asleep. I just reheated it in the oven. The rice is fresh though."

A knowing smile graced the woman's lips as she didn't waste another minute before digging into the steaming hot rice and soup. Her stomach liked the taste very much and growled its approval. The sound made the girl look down shyly while the man watched her with a fond smile.

"So, what are your plans today?" Taehyung asked, breaking the silence. Aera shrugged. "Nothing much. I was planning to paint and then I've got my job in the evening to do. Why? Did you want to do something?"

"I always want to do something with you," he beamed at her, his words making her blush again unexpectedly. "But I have a packed schedule too. Practice and recordings to do. I wanted you to visit the company though. Sehee's coming to watch us practice and well, I'm working on a song and I wanted to get your opinion on it but it's fine if you can't–"

"Taehyung," she interrupted his little rant with an amused smile. "I'll drop by your company in the afternoon. Maybe around lunch time? That way I'll get some free time to spend with you."

The man nodded happily, continuing to eat the breakfast. When they were done, Aera followed him outside to see him off. However, she called his name, making him stop when he had almost reached the last step.

She ran upto him, catching him off gaurd when she gave him a kiss on his cheek. With her eyes on the ground, she spoke what had been cooking in her head since she woke.

"Thank you for last night, Tae. Thank you for listening to me and staying with me. I can't assure you that your words changed my thinking completely but I just want to tell you that, it means a lot to me. Thank you for being there with me in my hard time and understanding me."

Before he could even process her words or reply, she had ran upstairs, the sound of her front door closing snapping him out of his daze. With a carefree, roguish smile on his lips and a hand pressed against his cheek, trying to make the impression of her soft lips last on his skin, he left the neighborhood and stayed in the dreamy haze for the rest of the day.

~~~~
A/N:

OMG!!! She kissed him!!
This is not a drill. The main leads finally shared a kiss.

Alright, fangirling time over. Let me know what you think of this chapter. Please comment and vote cuz they encourage me a lot.

I hope you are talking care of yourself and
Thank you for reading ❤️❤️