35.

Taehyung was uncharacteristically agitated. He couldn't pin point the exact reason but he had been restless the whole day. He could neither focus on music nor dancing. It was just one of those bad days for him.

Truthfully, all he wanted to do was, have a good meal and someone to cuddle as he drifted off to dreamland. He was enough clingy for Jimin and Jungkook to handle, when those two usually didn't mind much. They had to kick his ass out so they could focus on their own individual activities.

Taehyung felt lonely. He had tried calling Aera in the afternoon but even as the dial tone ringed, he knew she wouldn't pick up. She was busy with the upcoming exhibition and he understood how all that worked. But he was feeling a little selfish today and that made him leave a string of messages on her number, ranting which obviously went unseen.

With a scowl etched on his handsome features hidden behind a mask, he decided to just drop at her place unannounced. She wouldn't be able to ignore him that way.

He needed to pick a few things first though. He knew for a record, from all his time spent with Aera, she was somewhat forgetful when it came to eating. She was what you'd call eccentric and sometimes she behaved so unusual, she forgot to stock up her refrigerator with anything except cold water bottles. That habit of her's genuinely concerned him but today, given his current mood, pissed him off.

He didn't have a huge list, only a few things that included ramen, some side dishes and meat. That should be enough, he thought and it was easily available in a convenience store on his way to Aera's house.

He was quick to enter the shop, not even noticing the empty counter as he made his way through the aisles, displaying various items. He was quite engrossed with his little shopping trip to pay much attention to his surroundings but he felt his brows bunching together in a frown as something or rather someone collided into his back.

Irritated at being interrupted in his shopping, he turned around angrily, the sweet voice of the bowing lady apologising to him falling on deaf ears. He opened his mouth to say something, something hurtful given how his whole day hadn't been the best, but his words got stuck when his eyes registered the person standing before him.

His eyes widened, the size of a saucer as they met with a short woman's, a wave of familiarity hitting him as if this exact scene had happened before. Deja Vu, he realised and his mind struggled to remember just exactly when such an occurance happened in his life.

"Oh, Taehyung. What are you doing here?" the woman voiced out, surprised to see him standing before her. Taehyung only continued to gape at her, his mind stuck on that one string of thought. Ever since he met Aera, she had never bumped into him this way. Then why did this scene feel familiar? Why did it bug him so much?

"Hey," he heard say softly, taking hold of his arm and shaking. It was enough to snap him out of his daze and look at her amused face. "Where did you go? As far as I know, I'm the only girlfriend you have and I don't think anyone would daydream about their partner when they are standing right infront of you."

A deep chuckle was drawn out of him as he shrugged and resorted to being cheesy as always. "You never know, baby. I'm always daydreaming about you." Aera scoffed at that, a blush painting her cheeks that he loved very much. That prompted him to raise his hand to cup her face, his thumb gently caressing her cheekbone.

Aera's eyes widened at his action and pulled his hand away from her face. "Don't," she said sternly. "I'm working and if someone was to walk in, they wouldn't like it." That's when he noticed the green coloured vest she wore over her white t-shirt.

"But I thought you stopped working when you got that deal with the art gallery," he let out, following her as she walked back to counter. "I didn't. It wasn't a fixed agreement, so I still needed the extra money," she said, staring at the items he placed on the counter for billing.

"I can get you these items for free," she told him in a whisper as she leaned forward. It made him chuckle again. "I don't think that's necessary," he said, ruffling her short hair playfully, making her scowl at him. She hated it when someone, even Taehyung messed with her hair or clothes. She loved to look good whenever outside.

"No, seriously. I was just checking for expired items and there are a few you can take. The guy who takes over after me sneaks them home all the time. I'm pretty sure he distributes it among his friends."

Still smiling behind the mask, Taehyung shook his head. "Just make the bill already, Aera. I'm not letting you eat expired food." That shut her up for good. She knew this topic was non-negotiable. But she could definitely add something more to it.

"Get two bottles of soju and a few beer cans too then. I don't think I have any at home." A lie, Taehyung knew. She never ran out of soju but he didn't argue. He'd get anything for her and so he did.

"When are you getting off?" he asked, just as she was putting the items in a bag. "In an hour. Go home first, I'll see you there."

By that time, Taehyung had pulled his mask off because he was lingering around for as long as possible but now he was pouting and she could clearly see it. "I don't want to go without you."

"I'll be home soon, so stop pouting and go," she said, mimicking his pout. He huffed like a child and after a few more moments of convincing he left but not before sneaking a kiss from her, which left Aera red faced.

When he let himself inside his girlfriend's house, he made his way to her studio. He had wanted to see her paintings ever since she told him they were done but she wouldn't let him. She had put her fists on her hips as she told him with a serious face, "No peeking or you won't get your cuddles." He was a sucker for cuddles, especially with her and he couldn't risk it. So, sneaking was the next best choice.

The first few painting he had seen when she was working on them but not all of them. He felt his chest puffing up with pride for his girlfriend, for the efforts she had put in each painting. Each piece held a part of her and he wished to see each piece uncovering before his eyes as their steady but strong relationship progressed. He wanted to know everything about her and shower her with all his love.

Just as he was going to leave the studio to start on their food, Taehyung's eyes were drawn to an old painting. The painting of eyes peeking through black roses. And that's when it hit him.

Stormy cold night, convenience store, a red nosed woman bumping into his back...

It was his moment of epiphany. He remembered how Aera had looked familiar when he had seen her in Sehee's restaurant. It wasn't because of any kind of magical chemistry; it was just destiny's way of bringing them back together, letting them meet a second time and see how their relationship unfolded.

It unfolded in a very interesting and life changing way, Taehyung thought as the bad day was forgotten, a huge grin plastered on his face as he made his way upstairs.

~~~~
A/N:

ARMY are seriously so talented. I found the art or illustration or idk what's it called on Pinterest and it was just so pretty, I had to use it.

I hope you liked this chapter.

Thank you for reading 💗💗