4.

"Are you really a '95 liner?" Jimin asked from beside Aera, as she continued stuffing her mouth with food, too hungry to care what she looked like. She nodded at Jimin's question, who was sitting beside her.

Sehee sat on her right side, talking to Seokjin and Namjoon beside her. Aera focused on Jimin though, ignoring an intense stare coming from directly infront of her.

"Why are you questioning my age? I have no reason to lie about it," She asked, swallowing some soda to help the food down. Jimin shrugged, his full lips curving into a mischievous smirk. "No reason. You just look like a kid."

Aera knew he was joking by his teasing tone and so, she gasped dramatically, putting her hand on her heart. "If I'm the kid, you are a fetus!" Jimin burst out laughing and so did she, her laughter increasing as she watched his eyes disappearing and his cheeks turning red.

Aera never thought she could fit right in with these people. They were on top of their careers, extremely successful and yet, just as humble and friendly.

But what amused her the most was Sehee and Seokjin's interaction. Eight months into their relationship, and they were still just as cute together. Sehee blushed everytime he fed her something and Seokjin looked at her with mushy eyes everytime she said something. If she could paint them, she'd colour them gold. That's how pure their love was.

"Aera-shi," a deep voice cut right through the chatter and laughter, making Aera to look at the handsome man sitting across her. She gulped, not knowing why she was nervous suddenly just by looking into his eyes. Beautiful, blank and mysterious eyes.

"Yes, Taehyung-shi?" She replied, with as much stability as she could muster.

"Didn't you wash your hands?" The table fell silent at the unusual question. Aera blinked, looking down at her hands. She noticed how a deep shade of red and black was stuck in her cuticles. It must've looked horrible, she thought, looking up with a small smile.

"It's paint. Sometimes, I like to pain with my hands and it doesn't always come off in one wash. They are not dirty, I promise." Taehyung's eyebrow rose, as he leaned forward. "Paint can be poisonous."

Why do you care? She wanted to ask but instead, politely smiled. "I'm not sucking my fingers, am I? So, don't worry about me."

Everyone on the table watched the duo's interaction with rapt attention, finding it extremely unusual as Taehyung scoffed and leaned back, crossing his arms.

"Worry about you? Who said I'm worried about you? I'm worried about my friend who's sitting beside you. It's quite laughable that you think I'm worried about you. I don't even know you."

Aera gaped at the man sitting infront of her, his face arrogantly smug. She closed her eyes for a moment, taking a deep breath before opening them and giving him the same polite smile.

"That's right. You don't know me, so don't even look at me because I don't want someone as arrogant, rude and annoying as you to even talk to me."

She then put her chopsticks down, got up and bowed at everyone, smiling brightly. "Thank you for including me in your little party. It was really nice to meet you all and I had a great time. But sadly, I need to leave now." She bowed again and quickly went out of the front door.

Sehee was quick to bolt after her, calling her name, "Aera, wait!" Upon hearing her sister's voice, Aera turned around with a slight smile. "He didn't mean what he said," Sehee said quickly in explanation. "He's usually very polite with others but I don't know what happened back there."

Aera sighed, not hiding her displeasure about what happened even a bit. "He's polite with others but not me and that's okay, Unnie. Not everyone gets along but I know him now. He's just an arrogant jerk."

Sehee shook her head in denial, wanting to make it right. "No, Aera. It's not like that. He must've had a reason." Aera scoffed, "Of course, he did. He doesn't like me and it's completely fine!" She paused then, controlling her anger and looking at Sehee with pleading eyes. "Let's not talk about this, unnie. It's only going to make us fight for someone useless and I don't want that."

Sehee sighed, knowing well that her words weren't going to change the younger girl's mind. Afterall, the first impression is the last impression unless they try to change it. Hence, the woman pulled Aera into a hug before letting her go.

"Call me when you reach home." Aera nodded, grinning at Sehee's caring words and left, humming to herself.

"Ouch!" Taehyung exclaimed loudly as he felt a sharp pain at the back of his head. He later realised, it was Hoseok who smacked him.

"Is that the way to talk to someone?" Hoseok asked angrily, making Taehyung look away while shaking his head.

"You are going to apologise to her." Jimin piped in and even though at the moment he wanted to argue, he didn't dare. Especially when Sehee came back in with a sad face, but her smile fooled everyone as she reassured, Aera was fine.

What was wrong with him?

~~~~
A/N:

Sorry for the late update. 🙇‍♀️
I was busy with some work and studies and also I couldn't find the correct words nor the inspiration to write. Guess I'm missing Sehee and Seokjin too much.

Anyways, be ready to meet Taehyung through his own pov. 😉

Thank you for reading!!