18.

Surreal art was something Aera had avoided for a long time. She thought, it just didn't work for her. But as her painting took shape in the form of a white haired boy with green twisted horns atop his head, his expressions twisted as well, she realised how wrong she was. She could express almost anything through this style and it worked.

She was giving finishing touches to the colourful wormhole that threatened to consume the boy in its darkness, generated by jealousy, when she got interrupted.

"Aera, you have nothing to eat in your fridge," Taehyung whined, coming downstairs after watching her paint relentlessly for four hours straight. Aera flinched at the reminder of how her refrigerator was of absolutely no use at the moment.

She composed her sour expression before turning around to see Taehyung pouting as he leaned against the railing. "You could always go back to your home. You've wasted your time here today."

"I beg to differ," he said, descending down the spiral staircase. "I had a wonderful time watching you make this masterpiece," he gestured towards the almost done painting. "And about food, I'm more worried about you. How are you surviving?"

Barely, she thought but instead gave him a smile. "There is something called instant ramen, Tae. Now, go away." Taehyung scoffed. "Wow, you really are kicking me out, aren't you?" Aera rolled her eyes as he continued to put both of his hand on his heart dramatically. "I am hurt Miss Lee. Very hurt."

She couldn't help but laugh as she continued to give the last strokes on the canvas. "Are you really hungry?" she asked, putting the brush into the jar filled with water. She proceeded to wipe her hands as Taehyung replied, "Not really but I thought you might be. You've been at it for so long."

His concern brought a warm smile on her face as she turned around to pinch his cheeks. "Aww, you are so cute, Tae-Tae. Oh, wait," she said, abruptly pulling her hands away from his scrunched up face.

He looked at her confused as she showed him her still colourful hands. "Don't want to poison you. I'll just go and wash them." He was quick to grab her hands in his own, his eyes solemn. "Hey, don't be like that. I'm sorry about what I said that night. I really am. What should I do to make you forget?"

Aera gulped, not only because she was still a little salty about it but also because of the way Taehyung's hands felt so perfect against her own. His long fingers wrapped around her own, the pads of his thumb drawing circles on the back of her hands. Not to mention how close they were standing. It all made her breath to pick up it's pace.

Getting a hold of her emotions and wildly beating heart, however, she pulled her hands away from his, taking a step back. "You really want me to forget about that night?" Unaware to her inner turmoil, the large human sized baby pouted and nodded in affirmation.

Aera gave him a bright smile. "Take me out and feed me."

"That can be arranged," he quickly said, excited at the prospect of going out with her. His initial plans had been just to have some drinks with her, but dinner sounded even better. It sounded romantic.

"Great!" Aera clapped her hands, making a quick work of removing her apron. "Lemme just clean myself up a little bit and then we can go out."

Taehyung hummed happily, following behind the woman like a puppy. "Will you also bless me with your silk robe outfit?" he asked just as they reached the last stair. "Jimin said you looked very hot."

Aera gasped, turning around to glare at him even as her cheeks took on a red hue. Seeing the evil smirk on his face, she punched his shoulder, illiciting a deep chuckle from him. The deep baritone of his voice almost made her shiver but mortification was quick to step up.

"You guys are such perverts!" She angrily stomped towards her room, picking up a change of clothes to avoid any more accidents. "I'm going to kill Jimin the next time I see him."

Taehyung laughed harder at that, trying to control it by putting his fist against his mouth as Aera glared at him. "It serves him right, so I support you," Taehyung added, trying to lessen the intensity of her glare.

Aera only smiled, too fake to be subtle. "Oh, how generous, Mr. Kim. Thank you very much."

Taehyung fell back on the couch, laughing harder as Aera disappeared behind the bathroom door. Anticipation made his heart beat to pick up thinking about going out alone with Aera, the previous events with Doyun pushed to the back of his mind.

Even if she liked Doyun, he'd do his best to charm her. Taehyung was determined to not let this chance go because he knew in his heart, he wouldn't meet a woman like Aera again.

~~~~
A/N:

It's a rather short, light hearted chapter. I actually like it and I hope you guys like it too.

Thank you for reading!!