1.

"I can't do it." Jae, a six year old boy threw his brush on the table. The teacher clicked her tongue and set her hands on her hips. "Jae, how many times should I tell you to respect your tools."

The white winter snow had long melted away, giving way to the summer breeze to warm everyone up. With the harsh rays of sun too much to handle, the schools had closed for a few weeks.

Just as the summer vacations started, Lee Aera had opened the doors to her art studio for the bored children. The kids in the neighborhood had all enrolled for it and they filled the studio with lively chatter and an occasional screaming and screeching. With three batches of one hour during the day she had a healthy amount of earning.

"But I can't seem to get it right." The young boy said with a pout, his cheeks suddenly red and his eyes filling with tears. She quickly sat down with him and ran her hand down his back. "Don't cry, Jae. You love drawing and painting, don't you? Tell me what is bothering you and I'll help you with it." The boy wiped his nose with the back of his hand. "I can't make the apple right. It doesn't look good."

Sighing she looked at his book. Jae was one of those kids who had a gift of artistry. His drawing of the apple proved as much. It was a little crooked but from where he sat it was exactly right. The darkish bruise on the apple was visible only when sitting here.

"Jae, it's perfectly fine. I'm really impressed with the way you drew the sunshine and how it affects the colour of the apple. It's beautiful. Really." The teacher explained in a honey voice.

"But it doesn't match yours." He said looking at her drawing with hate. She giggled, earning the same hateful glance from the little boy he had been giving to her drawing.

Putting her hand on his shoulder she turned him towards her. "Listen, sweetheart. You don't have to follow me. What you drew is so much better than what I drew when I was your age. When I told you to draw the apple I wanted you to do it your way. If you had drawn a black apple, I would still have praised you for it. So, enjoy what you are doing. Okay?" With a victorious smile he hugged her around her waist, his small hands bunching around the fabric of her shirt. "Thank you, noona." Ruffling his hair affectionately, she got up, checking and encouraging the other kids.

As she watched the kids drawing, a deep sense of satisfaction filled her. She loved kids and loved to do something that could make them happy. She always looked forward to teaching the kids than the art students or just wannabe painters who were more serious and focused on their work. She also looked forward to the weekend classes she took for adults who were only looking for fun, or the couples who wanted to make matching painting and spend some quality time. It was peaceful to see people making memories in her studio.

***

After wrapping up with the classes for the day, Aera finally fell back on her soft bed, groaning as she could straighten her back since the morning. With classes, sucking up to galleries which never seemed to like any of her paintings, and guiding the wannabe painters, she barely had the time to relax.

And to eat.

Her stomach grumbled painfully just as she thought about food. "When was the last time I ate something?" She asked loudly to herself, getting up and moving towards the kitchen.

Her house was nothing but a big studio with no walls except for the customary four. Since she had spent a large amount of money furnishing the art studio beneath, she couldn't really do much for the actual house. The kitchen was at one corner of the house, on the left side upon entering through the front door. On the right, was her living room, the colours reminding anyone of what a boho hippie house might look like. Beyond the separation created by flimsy white curtains was her queen sized bed, her clothes pilled up on any chair available, which Sehee always scolded her for.

It wasn't the perfect type of house but atleast she had a roof over her head. It was all she could ask for and it was enough.

But the contents in her kitchen weren't enough to pacify her monstrous appetite. Sometimes, Aera herself questioned why she ate like a pig, but it wasn't just under her control. And only one person could help her in this uncontrollable situation.

"Sehee unnie! Be prepared." Aera smirked as she purposely left her purse home, putting on her sneakers and locking the door securely, before starting towards her sister's restaurant.

~~~~
A/N:

I probably have no idea of what I wrote and how good it is, but I'm trying my hardest.

Thank you for reading ಥ‿ಥ
💖💖