Epilogue.

Taehyung had his eyes closed, his body relaxed. His lips were stretched as wide as they could be as the woman he loved caressed him. He knew she loved him the same way he did, it was clear through her soft, soothing touch. It added to his happiness.

Always an optimistic person, he tried to be happy but nothing could beat this moment as he laid in her arms, being pampered as if he was a king. She was his queen and he was determined to bring his plan to replace her bad memories with good ones this evening. It was about time.

"I love this place," Aera said from behind him, lounging on the recaimer, overlooking the sea from their suite. "Thank you for bringing me with you even though you are here for work."

"No need to thank me, babe. It was purely selfish on my part," he said, cranning his neck to look up at her serene face. "I'm barely getting time to spend time with you and I wanted to show you this view. I wanted to see it with you."

The woman giggled, leaning down to give him a quick kiss. "Always the cheesy one but I'll let this go because you are mine for the rest of the day." Looking forward, he chuckled, entwining their fingers. "I'm always yours, my lady. No matter what time of the day it is."

This time, she couldn't help laughing aloud. "Stop it, Tae. It's getting too greasy."

"Well, get used to it. This is how I am," he replied, mirroring her words from a few weeks ago.

"Alright, I'll get used to it," she said without hesitation and the couple lapsed back to silence as they enjoyed the sky changing its color to shades of pink and purple.

"I've decided to move out," Aera broke the silence after a while making Taehyung glance at her. "Really? That's great! Did you find a place yet?"

She nodded. "There are a few good ones in the same neighborhood. I don't want to shift too far from the studio now that I'm going to be occupied full time. I also don't want to stop teaching. I'm making enough money right now, but I just don't want to let go of that part of myself yet."

He hummed thoughtfully, his fingers drawing patterns on her heated skin. "That's a great idea. If you continue teaching, you won't ever get bored of working alone all the time. Just tell me when you move out. I’ll help you." She nodded happily. “I will. I do expect a grand housewarming gift though,” she said teasingly, making the man chuckle.

“I think we should do it tonight,” Taehyung broke the amicable silence once again after a few more minutes. Aera frowned. “Do what?”

“Go swimming,” his reply rendered her speechless. She knew this day was going to come someday and she had been preparing for it mentally all the time but thinking about doing it, in reality, made her throat dry up and her palms sweat.

Sensing her reluctance and lack of response, he took her hands in his own and calmly said, “Trust me.” And so she did.

***

Aera looked over at the view in front of her. The night had fallen and the city had lit up with lights, imitating the sky above on earth. A few steps from her was a pool, the water dark, reflecting amber lights from around. She couldn't see its edge, looking as if the water fell straight down the high rise but it didn't, it was just an illusion.

She shivered as warm hands gently landed on her bare shoulders. She didn't look back as the man came closer, engulfing her in his familiar heat, scent. It made her feel safe. She really did trust Taehyung.

He pressed a sweet kiss on her neck, warming her deadly cold skin as he whispered in her ear, “I’m good at swimming, you know that right?” She nodded in response, trying not to faint. “The water isn't deep at all. We won't go far in either,” he told her softly, reassuring her, calming her with his deep voice. “You tell me to stop and we’ll stop moving. Okay?”