39.

Kim Namjoon
Kim Seokjin
Min Yoongi
Jung Hoseok
Park Jimin
Kim Taehyung
Jeon Jungkook
BTS!

The audience roared when the fan-chant ended and familiar voices filled the studio as they sang and danced in harmony. There was electricity in the surroundings, an energy that made everyone's hearts beat in sync while they cheered the performers. They all had one thing in common; they loved BTS and they would always support them. That's who ARMY were; a bulletproof shield for these seven men who cheered them up when they didn't feel good and made them feel like life was worth living through their songs.

Aera had never considered herself ARMY. She didn't exactly know the reason but she admired them, she liked their music and after making acquaintance with them personally, she was just speechless. Her respect for these men had skyrocketed immensely but her personal feelings for them didn't change. They would never change.

She sang along with the crowd, a big smile on her face that seemed like an automatic reaction. The performance was mesmerizing with the way they danced and sang. She couldn't tear her eyes away from the stage, it was just bewitching to witness something like this. She couldn't even begin to wonder what it would feel like when they performed during tours. This comeback promotion was overwhelming enough for her but she was here only because of one person.

For the last month, she hadn't been able to see Taehyung much. He was busy preparing for their comeback and though Aera was a pretty patient person, seeing how she had been persistent to get her big break, she wasn't too sad not being able to see him. She missed him, yes and she let him know every time he found time to call her which was usually late in the night.

What she didn't let him know was how she had started feeling insecure, doubtful if their relationship could survive if this was going to be how they had to live. She understood now why Sehee had insisted on taking a break from her relationship with Seokjin. But it had been a sudden change for her while for Aera the transition had been smooth. Maybe she had just grown accustomed to the physical closeness with Taehyung.

That night, she stayed up late after leaving the studio. She had asked Taehyung if she could meet him backstage but he told her it was usually too crazy back there than in the front. This show had been only the first of many they would attend to promote their new album and then they would travel around for more interviews and performances.

Thinking about it she felt bad for her boyfriend and wished to help in some way to make him feel a little less stressed and tired. He never said anything about it but she knew. She knew him well enough. Now, she missed him even more.

Wanting to distract herself from thinking about him, she cooked her favorite soup and enough spicy chicken to last her for three meals. She cleaned up the ever-increasing pile of clothes in a corner of her room and took an extra-long hot shower before settling in the bed with her best friend's newest book. With the music softly playing in the background, she got engrossed in reading.

Hwayoung's books were always riveting, the plots sometimes a little cliche but the twists unconventional. There was a reason she was a famous writer and her decision to use a pen name and not reveal herself added to the buzz. Forbidden things are always tempting but it wasn't a marketing tactic for her friend. She had her reasons.

Engrossed as she was in reading, she didn't notice her cat meowing louder than usual, seeking attention. Nor did she notice Mel purring in satisfaction as she got a good scratch behind her ear from the man who just stepped into her house.

Area jumped, a gasp leaving her lips as the man slid in beside her, his big hand landing on her thigh. She peered at him, momentarily shocked to see him in her house. He had a lazy smile on his face, his eyes droopy, from exhaustion or sleepiness, she didn't know. But it didn't matter.