11.

Clothes? Check.

Hair and makeup? Check.

Accessories? Check.

Willingness to go? Aera wasn't sure.

It had been almost a year since her last breakup. It had been very painful dealing with the heartbreak. She was the type of person who either gave her all to the one she liked or nothing. She had given a lot, recieving only rejection at the end.

She was scared of developing feelings. Moreover, she was scared of not developing feelings at all.

She didn't want to hurt Doyun. She didn't want to reject him without giving him a chance either. She just had to sort out her feelings after this semi-date, as Doyun wanted to call it.

After discussing her feelings with Doyun frankly, he accepted it like a gentleman. He also understood that she wanted to go out with him but not ruin their friendship either. That's why, he suggested going on a friendly date, just to test the waters.

Aera couldn't refuse this offer. If she found herself attracted to him, they'd date for real. And if she didn't, they could just fall back into their friendship. If that was possible for Doyun after confessing.

Not dwelling on the thoughts much, she checked her reflection one last time, satisfied with her casual look. She collected her purse before locking the door and going downstairs to see Doyun waiting.

Aera had to agree, he was really, really handsome, even for a policeman. He could have been an idol, if he hadn't thrown away all the business cards.

He wore black jeans with a well fitted dark brown shirt. His hair were combed and gelled neatly, away from him face unlike his usual messy, hand-combed hair. He looked like he had dressed to impress and Aera was definitely very impressed.

With a brief greeting, Doyun made Aera get in his car, driving towards their destination.

"So, where are we going?" Aera asked, examining the area. "A place we have gone to a million times before," Doyun replied with a grin.

Aera looked at him curiously, listing off the places they frequented. There were a lot of such places though. But as the short drive almost came to an end, Aera understood where they were going.

"The arcade?!" she asked, her voice almost sounding like a screech while she looked like a small child given her favourite candy.

Doyun could only chuckle. "Yeah. This one has really good VR games. I know you love them." Her heart melted at that. He knew what she liked and if that didn't make her feel a little guilty...

Throwing her emotions out of the window for a while, she just focused on having as much fun as possible.

Doyun watched Aera screaming as she got on the VR roller coaster. Her body moved according to what she saw and it was damn funny to see her move like that when she wasn't really in the ride physically.

But he couldn't really enjoy completely. He could only make her happy in this moment, without pressuring her. After her phone call yesterday, it had become clear to him that she would never be able to love him romantically. Yet, he was here, smiling like an idiot. Feeding his heart crumbs.

Hoping, her heart might change.

After spending almost two hours in the arcade, the duo decided to leave and feed the hungry crows in their bellies.

"I had fun, Doyun. Thank you for bringing me here," Aera said with sincerity. Without much thought, Doyun took her hand, squeezing it. "No need to thank me. I'm glad you had fun."

But Aera didn't seem to listen to him. Her attention was on his hand. His hand was warm and calloused. It gave her a sense of security. Comfort. No sparks.

Like when he touched her.

Shaking her head, she slammed the door on that thought as soon as it entered her head. She was definitely out of her mind.

The last time she felt those tiny sparks, her heart had been hurt. This? This was nice. Something she could get used to. Something she would like to have.

It was then she decided. She'd give Doyun a real chance. A real date.

"Let's do this again sometime soon."

Aera's words made Doyun's eyes widen in surprise but it was soon replaced by a smile of pure joy. It was free and relieved, unlike the smile he had been giving her the whole evening.

His hand tightened on her's.

"I'd like that."

~~~~
A/N:

Can someone please give Doyun a hug? He's too good for his own good.

Also, please don't hate my baby Aera for this and upcoming chapters. There's always a backstory.

I hope you like this chapter and
Thank you for reading 💓💓