12.

Aera's hands moved skillfully over the canvas. Her fingers adding texture to the background because the brush forgot how to work apparently. Strokes of brown, black and yellow painted the blank canvas.

Her mind was everywhere and so was this painting.

"This is of absolutely no use!" Aera exclaimed, her hands tangling into her hair as she held her head.
"Aera, your hair..." Sehee's concerned voice shattered her oblivious state, reminding her of her coloured hands.

Pulling them down, she looked at her hands with a blank stare. "I am so unsure of everything, unnie," she said, looking at Sehee who sat on a chair, concern all over her face.

"Just last night, I felt like I wanted to be in a comfortable relationship with Doyun but now that the moment has passed, I'm not sure. I'm scared."

Sehee got up, grabbing the younger woman's hands in her own, not caring about the paint. "I know you are. I don't blame you for not wanting to take a risk. But is it fair on Doyun? I think he really likes you. Do you like him the same way he does?"

Aera fell down on her haunches with a sigh, her arm wrapping around her knees. "He is a good man."

"That doesn't mean you like him," Sehee said mimicking Aera's actions. "Do you remember when you asked me how I knew Seokjin was the one, and how I told you, your heart would tell you?"

Aera nodded like a little child, resting her chin on her knees. "Well, do you feel your heart speeding up around him?" Sehee asked. It, however, only made Aera's brows scrunch in concentration.

"I don't think that happened. I mean, I did feel attracted to him when I saw him all dressed up but the crazily beating heart thingy didn't happen."

"That means he is not the one," Sehee said simply as if discussing the weather. "I don't really think it works like that, unnie. You are being too cheesy."

"And you are being too sceptical," Sehee said without missing a beat. "You need not be so logical all the time Aera."

"If I don't become the logical one, we'll be a hot mess. You think too much with your heart," Aera said getting up and starting towards the stairs.

"In matters of feelings, you need to use your heart. Just because it's convenient doesn't mean it's love," Sehee argued following behind the younger woman.

"Well, I'm not looking for love!" Aera exclaimed turning around. "I don't want to feel love. It's complicated, messy and most of all, takes away your ability to think properly."

Sehee sighed, watching Aera disappear into her bathroom to clean up. "For an artist, you are pretty dense, Aera. How would you draw love if you don't know what it feels like?"

Aera popped her head from behind the door. "I love you, unnie and that's enough."

"Our love is a familial kind of love, not romantic," Sehee rolled her eyes, tired of explaining at this point.

"If I've learnt anything in art school, then it's that, I'm not into drawing nudes and you don't have to feel the love to draw it. I could just observe you and your boyfriend to draw it. Observation is the key."

"I am not letting you draw us!" Sehee all but screamed, horrified at the aspect of being put on exhibition to the whole world.

Aera laughed at her reactions, her stress melting away as the cold water from the shower hit her body. Cold showers in hot summer afternoons. Just perfect.

She watched the water turning black and brown from the colour in her hair, forming patterns on the bathroom floor. Her mom loved her father very much. She thought it was really how love was supposed to look until...

She had thought she loved her last boyfriend too but she didn't. She was attached to him, yes but love? Maybe not. She just felt hurt that he never understood her or did anything to support her. She couldn't trust any man.

But Doyun was different. They had been together since their late teens. He knew what she liked, he understood her dreams. Maybe, just maybe, it might work. If Sehee didn't keep continuing with her heart talks. She needed to protect herself.

With that thought in her mind, she dried off her body. Wrapping her short, baby pink silk robe around her herself, she left the bathroom rubbing her hair with a towel to dry.

"Unnie, do you think we should make some sandwiches for now and then start on the soup for..." Aera trailed off as she looked up only to meet three pairs of eyes looking at her, shock clear in them.

Her eyes widened as the situation set in and she realised, she was wearing practically nothing and the length of her robe wasn't exactly decent. Why?! Just why wouldn't the floor open up and swallow her? Why did she have to go through such embarrassing situations again and again?

~~~~
A/N:

Poor Aera and her embarrassing moments. I kinda feel bad for her. But, it's still fun. 😁

Who do you think it is?

Also, the picture I added is the closest to how I imagined Aera to look.

I hope you like this chapter and
Thank you for reading!💜💜