Panic Attack

A/n- Hey guys, I thought of this imagine cuz yesterday I got an anxiety attack lol (because of a totally different situation than this imagine okay)... this is about Draco comforting you and calming you down. Kinda short but anyways...

Year: 5 (O.W.L. year :0)
House: Slytherin (cuz we need the common room)
(You're a pureblood who hates failing because you have abusive parents who will assault you if you fail, so you're scared.) 

-

"Ugh!" you groaned as you crossed out another wrong date of Goblin History.

You were currently in the common room late at night studying History of Magic for your O.W.L.s, which was this year.

And was going to be definitely harder with Umbridge around. 

You were super, super nervous about failing, probably even more nervous than Hermione.

You see, there was this one time, you failed, you didn't get to eat for 2 months on that summer.

And the last time you failed, you had to endure 3 hours of the Cruciatus Curse.

So now you were in your common room, feverishly jotting down notes and flipping through pages, oblivious of what was happening around you.

That is, until your boyfriend Draco went down from the boys' dormitories, only to find you still studying, just like how he had found you hours ago.

"Y/n. Y/n. You need a break," he said, walking over and nudging your shoulder. "You've been studying all day. You even missed some classes!"

"Mm-hmm," you hummed, barely listening as you furrowed your brows, writing down the ingredients of the Draught of Living Death.

"Y/n, I'm not kidding. Look at yourself! You haven't been eating or sleeping either!"

He placed his hand on your shoulder moving his thumb across it soothingly.

Draco was right, though. You had bags under your eyes and you've been getting thinner because all you've been doing was study for the exams.

"C'mon, love," Draco said. "You need to rest."

"N-no..." you scooted farther. "I-I need to study..."

You thought about what would happen if you failed.

It was traumatizing.

"N-no..." you sniffed as you heart rate picked up and you started shaking. "Leave me alone, Draco, I need to s-study..."

"Y/n. Y/n, please. See? You're-- you're shaking... love?"

You pulled your knees to your chest as your breathing started coming out as short gasps.

"Y/n!"  Draco rushed over to you. Tears were now escaping your tired eyes.

"I c-c-can't fail!" you sobbed. "They're-- they're gonna..."

You shook violently as a memory flashed in your mind, the one when you were tortured because your parents told you that you didn't do good enough.

"No...!"

"Y/n? Y/n..." Draco noticed you had a panic attack, remembering that it happened the year before. "It's okay. I'm here. Take deep breaths..."

"D-Draco...?" 

"Yeah, yes, I'm here. It's okay, you're alright."

He arms were wrapped around you, one of his hands stroking your hair.

Draco continued comforting you and helping you calm down, kissing your head from time to time.

Soon, your breathing started becoming normal and the trembling slowed to a stop.

"Y/n... are you better now?"

"Y-Yeah, I-I think so,"

"Why'd that happen?" he asked as you leant your head against his shoulder.

"I don't wanna fail... I can't fail... or they're they're gonna-- my parents... they're g-gonna..."

Draco looked at you concernedly.

"Every time I'm not good enough," you confessed, snuggling closer to him, "my parents punish me. I-I don't wanna let them down again because... well, I'm scared."

Draco pulled you, if possible, even closer, kissing the top of your head.

"I'm sorry," he said. "You should've told me this! I could've helped you. Is that why you sometimes don't answer my letters?"

He took your silence as a yes. Then he got an idea.

You've already met his parents, and they liked you.

Well, mostly Narcissa, because Lucius usually stayed in his office.

"Do you want to stay with me this summer?" Draco asked you.

You smiled. "That'd be brilliant."