Unspoken Apologies (Request)

Hii! I'm back again!!

This one was requested by @mrsmalfoy1005  !!

House can be any, and this takes place after Hogwarts, you and Draco are married and u have a son, Scorpius. 

•••

"I can't believe you're coming home late again!"

A heated argument was happening one early morning, in the large hallway of the Malfoy Manor, the hollers of the married couple bouncing off the walls.

"Well, Y/n, what do you want me to do? Stay here and just skip my job, as if I don't give a shit about anything?!"

"You're never here anymore, you aren't even home on Sundays!"

"What are you yelling at me for? I'm the only one who actually works for the family!"

"And I'm not telling you to stop— I'm telling you that there should be times where you spend time with me, let alone with your son, for Godric's sake! Scorp's already starting to ask about your whereabouts! Just yesterday he told me, 'Mummy, when can me and Daddy play Quidditch again?'  "

"Then tell him that his own mother, unlike his father, doesn't understand how to work and protect your family!"

"Excuse me?" you shouted, tears starting to brim your eyes. "Who's been the only one taking care and paying attention to Scorpius for the past fucking months?!  Maybe you're not even going to work; for all I know maybe your doing other things behind my back!"

"Why would you assume that?! We're supposed to trust each other, you know!"

"I–I know... I just..." you sighed. "That wasn't fair. I'm sor—"

"I'm late for work." he stated flatly, pushing past you and exiting the manor.

-

Later that night, Draco came home to a lone already–cold dinner and the absence of the two people that mattered most to him in his life.

He put his stuff down, treading up the wide staircase and reaching a door, which was decorated with blue and green stickers.

Opening the door slightly, he peered inside to find his son, who was yet to be asleep, but was instead laying flat on his back and staring at the ceiling.

"Hey, Scorpi," said Draco softly. The five-year old's small blonde head lifted, his eyes landing on the source of the voice.

"Hi..."

"Why aren't you asleep yet?" Draco asked, stepping into the room and walking over to the boy, who sat up.

Scorpius didn't answer. He broke his gaze away from his father, looking down at his hands.

"Are you alright, kiddo?" Draco sat on the side of the bed in concern, caressing Scorpius' cheek.

Again, the boy didn't answer, but instead asked, "D–Do you and Mummy still love each other?"

Draco was absolutely flabbergasted his son would ask such a question. Never, since he met you, did he decide in his life that he would ever stop loving you.

 "Of course we still love each other. Why... why would you ask that?"

"Because... this morning you— you -got into a really b-bad fight," Scorpius sniffled, looking up at Draco with teary eyes, "and I was scared. I d-don't want you t-to hate each other..."

"Come here..." Draco opened his arms and Scorpius moved forward, melting into the hug, his small arms wrapping around his father's neck tightly as he burrowed his face in Draco's neck, tears slipping down his cheeks.

"We will never stop loving each other. We'll never hate each other. Just as we'll never stop loving you. Okay?" Draco assured, kissing his son's head lightly. The five-year old nodded, his cries starting to halt and the tears stopping.

They stayed in each other's embrace for quite a while, until Scorpius' breathing slowed and he relaxed. Placing a kiss on his forehead, Draco laid Scorpius down the bed, tucking the small boy in, who snuggled deeper into the pillows muttering, "I'll never stop loving you and Mummy either."

Draco smiled, and after one more glance at his now sleeping son, he switched off the lights and quietly left the room.

As he entered the bedroom that you both shared, his eyes met your form, which was laying on the side, facing the side table by the bed.

Quickly freshening up and changing to more comfortable clothes, he laid down on his spot on the bed.

When you, who was still awake, didn't acknowledge him or take notice of him at all, he shifted nearer to you, one of his arms wrapping around your waist and pulling you close to him.

You, being stubborn, and didn't wish to apologize first, wrenched yourself out of your husband's grip, and still facing the other way.

Draco tried again, and again you ignored him.

Sighing, Draco gave up and leaned against the headboard, his eyes still looking at you.

You wouldn't admit it, but it was amusing and you sort of liked it when Draco kept trying to hug you. Giving up your put out facade,  you slowly turned around back to your husband, cuddling up against him and resting your head on his chest.

 He didn't show it, but he was extremely joyous when you moved back into his arms. He snaked his arms around you pulling you closer.

And at that moment, you and Draco understood that both of you are sorry. Sorry for the displeasure and arguments that you were throwing at each other the past time.

You might not have said it, but both of you, as you laid in the middle of the bed in the dim masters' bedroom of the Malfoy Manor, feeling comfort in each others embrace, knew that the other apologized, not through speech, but through touch.

Neither of you knew why, but you just felt it.

Eyes drooping, and body almost shutting down to sleep, you and Draco shared a soft smile; when you felt your son squeezing himself between the both of you.