Amortentia

House: You choose

Year: 4th

--------------------------------

"Settle down, settle down," seethed the monotone voice of Professor Severus Snape.

You were in your Potions class, just after the second task of the Triwizard Tournament. It was a Friday.

Harry and Ron burst into Snape's classroom suddenly.

"We're...here," Ron gasped, catching his breath.

"You're late, Potter, Weasley. 15 points from Gryffindor. Sit down." said Snape.

The two boys took their seats.

"Today, we will be brewing Amortentia. Can anyone tell me what it is?" Snape asked, his eyes roaming the classroom.

As usual, Hermione Granger had her hand raised.

Snape looked around, making sure he had no choice but to call Hermione. "Very well--Miss Granger?"

"Amortentia is the most powerful love potion in existence. It causes a powerful infatuation or obsession from the drinker. It smelled like what attracts us the most!" Hermione recited promptly.

Snape looked unsatisfied, even if the answer was right. "Every word copied from Advanced Potion Making--" (Pansy Parkinson let out a shriek of laughter) "--but correct. And Amortentia is exactly what your task will be today. Here is an example of the potion,"

He gestured towards a cauldron emitting pink smoke.

Most of the girls walked slowly to it, inhaling the smell. You sniffed it, and you caught a waft of apples before Snape shut it with a clang, bringing everybody back into reality.

"What are you waiting for?" he snapped. "Get to work!"

The class started on it, and again, as usual, Hermione's potion was going well.

But due to Snape's hatred on the Gryffindors, he swept past Hermione's cauldron without a backward glance.

Then someone burst threw the dungeon doors. It was your friend Draco Malfoy, he was late.

"Sorry Professor Snape, I had--" he stopped midsentence, sniffing the air.

"Why the heck does it smell so much like Y/n in here?"

The class fell silent. Then their gazes settled on you.

"...Uh," you stammered, blushing.

"What's going on?" Draco asked.

"Mr. Malfoy, we are brewing Amortentia." Snape said.

"Wait," said Draco. "isn't that the love potion-"

He suddenly flushed. "I- I- uh.."

You looked down at your feet, your hair curtaining your pink face.

"Just go kiss already!" a random student yelled.

"Well," drawled Snape. "We'll let you two sort out your little problem--" He pointed to the door. "Outside."

You quickly dashed out of the classroom, eager to escape all the stares averted on you and Draco.

Draco followed you and you both stopped at a deserted corridor.

"Look, Y/n," he started, "I've been meaning to tell you this for a while."

"Hm?"

"We've been best friends since first year, and uh-"

"Get to the point, Draco."

"I like you." he said, rubbing the back of his neck.

To his surprise, you smiled. "Do you know how long I've been waiting for you to say that?"

"You like me back?"

"  'Course I do, you idiot." you chuckled.

"Hogsmeade tomorrow?" he asked hopefully, with a cute smile.

"Yes." you said before swiftly kissing his cheek and going back to Potions class.