We'll never leave you

House: You choose

Year: After Hogwarts

-

You heard the television from your office. You checked the time, and it was 10:30 pm.

Way past your son's bedtime. You went downstairs to tell him it was time to sleep.

But your 3 year old son, Scorpius, already fell asleep while he was watching. He looked so peaceful. You smiled to yourself.

You turned off the TV and carried your son back to his room, changing him to his pajamas before tucking him in. You kissed his forehead before leaving.

You went to your room to see your husband, Draco, sitting on the bed, lost in thought.

"Hey," you said, approaching him. "What're you thinking about?"

"Y/n, I'm worried. What if Scorpius asks about this," he pulled up his sleeve, revealing the inactive Dark Mark, "he'll know what I used to be. He'll think his dad is disgusting."

You sighed and put your arms around him. He rested his head on the crook of your neck.

"Draco," you said, "he'll understand when he's older. And he already loves you, and so do I. Nothing is going to change that."

"I love you too."

"And if Scorpius asks--"

Your bedroom door creaked open slightly.

"Mummy?"

Scorpius was peering inside, clutching his teddy bear, his pale face tear-streaked. 

You and Draco sat up.

"Scorpius?" you called. "What's wrong, baby?"

He walked up to you. "I-I had a bad dweam."

You gently picked him up and placed him on your lap.

"What was your dream about, Scorpius?" Draco asked, putting an arm around you and his other around Scorpius. Scorpius sniffled and hugged you.

"Y-You and Mummy weft me," he said, and you could feel tears on your shirt. "You weft me all awone here... and you didn't come back."

You and Draco exchanged looks of concern.

"Then a bad wizard came, and I couldn't do anything because you and Daddy weren't here," Scorpius said, looking up at you with watery gray eyes, his bottom lip trembling. "I-Is that going to happen?"

"Scorpius," you started, "of course we aren't going to leave you. We'll never."

"You'll stay?" he sniffed.

Draco nodded and kissed Scorpius' head. 

"Always."

-

Sorry this was short