Distance

-Emily POV-

Its been a few months, Jack and I are still together  although he hasn't met my parents and his mother still hates me.

Jack said he's coming over to talk about something and my stomach drops instantly. What could it be? Was he already bored with me? My nerves were on edge today and I couldn't shake the feeling that something awful was about to happen.

"Emily!" I heard Jacks voice downstairs.

I ran downstairs and into his open arms, he spun us around in a hug. We saw each other a few hours ago but it felt like years. He put me down and i dragged him to the kitchen.

"Hungry?" I asked.

"Not if you're cooking." He teased, laughing at his own joke. I stuck my tongue out which he bit. He's a loser.

"Okay so what do you wanna talk about thats so important?" I asked pouring us a glass of OJ. I sat opposite him at the kitchen island. He took a long sip and grabbed my hand. Here comes bad news.

"So you know how Johnson and I had been starting our own singing career?"

"You guys are amazing." I said, he took my hand and kissed it.

"Our manager just called from LA to notify us of a show we have in a few days time." He said.

I jumped up and hugged him. "Jack! Thats amazing. Oh my god, thats the best news I've heard! Im so happy for you baby."

"I'm happy you're so supportive of me Em but this means leaving you for a month...unless you're willing to come with."

My heart dropped. No way would my parents allow me to leave school for a solid month. "I can't Jack, but that doesn't mean you should! You have to do this!" I smiled widely.

He smiled but it didn't quite reach his eyes, like something was missing. "I know but im going to miss you so much, I don't know if i can do this."

"What do you mean! You'll do great Jack, I believe in you." I said giving him a kiss that turned into more than a peck on the lip. "Thank you. This means so much to me and getting a chance to do it really gets me pumped."

"So what are you gonna do for a whole month?" I asked.

"Well when we get there, we have a few recording sessions with a producer, a few concerts, music vids. Its a huge break for Johnson and i."

I've never been so proud for someone in my life. My boyfriend was finally living his dream - but without me by his side. I tried to be happy for Jack, but I felt sad because having distance between us was something we couldn't overcome easily.

"I'm so proud of you Jack!"

"Hey i know its gonna be difficult but we're going to get through it together okay?" He held out a hand for me to take. I took it and intertwined our hands, holding his tightly. "Together." I said.

"How long do we have before you leave for LA?" I asked afraid of the answer.

He hesitated before answering, like the answer would break me, "Tomorrow"

"What?" My mouth hung open.

"I'm sorry Em."

I shook my head not wanting him to doubt this opportunity because of my selfish wants. "No! Its just so soon but we better start packing so you can be ready." I smiled

"I was wondering...would you want to stay over tonight? So you can ride with me tomorrow to the airport." He asked.

"Sure. Cmon let's get you packed." I got up. He held me close to him for a second like he always did, making sure I was real. I loved those hugs that held more emotions than words.

-JACK POV-

I woke up with Emily's hair in my face, it was calming actually. It smelt like apples. I gently moved it to the side so I could get a view of her sleeping face, her brows were twitching and I couldn't help but stare at her. She was so interesting - beautifully.

I traced my lips against her sweaty neck, brushing it softly so I didn't wake her. I wanted her closer- no i needed her closer. I closed my eyes and savored the last seconds with her, I wouldn't be seeing her in a month.

Her eyes fluttered open, she didn't say anything but immediately rolled onto me and kissed me. I was taken back but let myself get lost in her passionate kiss, she cradled my hips. I felt hot.

"Emily." I sighed as she kissed harder. I loved every second of it but it was just a reminder of what I was missing for a month. Just when I thought she would pull away, she pushed her body onto mine and kissed harder. Her small hands curled into my messy hair tugging it slightly. I allowed my hand to tangle into her hair, pulling gently to let her know I was enjoying her.

My heart was pounding when she finally pulled away from the kiss for fresh air, her eyes lively and grey. Her face innocent yet daring and mischievous.

"I love you." I said breathlessly, our foreheads pressed against each other.

"I love you Jack."

-

Sammy, Cameron, Emily, Jack and I piled out of the car and proceeded to the airport waiting area. Johnson and I would be boarding our flight to LA in less that 20 minutes. Time was not on our side as it raced by, leaving less time with the love of my life.

Emily linked our fingers together, holding mine tightly. I should be the one who was reassuring her that we'll get through this but she was supportive of me. Every minute she would say how I'm gonna blow them away and what a great hit I am.

"Don't be sacred.' She whispered as i kissed her for the 100, 000, 000th time in the past hour.

"I'm scared of losing you," he said, "If I leave, the chances are stronger."

"Oh shut up! You're not gonna lose me. No get to LA and knock them dead." She said and kissed me. When she pulled away i yanked her back and kissed her hard, all the pain anger sadness put into that kiss.

"Flight 64 Nebraska to LA." The intercom above us boomed. I groaned. Time to leave my girlfriend behind to live out my dream. "I'll call everyday! We'll skype okay? I love you." I yelled and kissed hee one last time.

"I love you." She yelled waving. She was crying, tears falling down like a waterfall and my heart sank so low I felt hollow. My eyes burned with tears as i waved one last time and turned to board the plane. When I looked out the window I saw her buried in Camerons arms, balling her eyes.

I let a few tears spill down my cheeks before manning up and wiping them away. She looked heartsore, I was to.