Stay

-JACK POV-

Its the second day already. I haven't eaten, slepts or even moved from this depressing plastic chair. I didn't want to leave until I see her face, see her breathing. Johnson had left to tell everyone else what happen.

"Honey you should go home." Emily's mother rubbed my hand. Her parents arrived this morning, so tge first time I meet them us when Emily's unconscious in hospital. Lovely.

"Im fine." I said. She squeezed my hand affectionately. I couldn't look at her, she looks so much like her daughter it pained me whenever we made eye contact. It made me angry.

Her dad sighed. "Jack you need sleep, we'll call you if anything happens."

I shook my head. I won't leave until I see her. I made that very clear to them an ge doctors. "Honey you must be starving too!" Mrs Evans was annoying with her constant mothering behavior.

Just then Dr Lewis came up to all 3 of us holding his clipboard. I hate that clip board. "Good news! She's stable enough for visitors!" He smiled. I immediately stood up, her parents nodding for me ti go first. I followed him into her room. I wanted nothing more than to turn around and run away when I saw her lying in that bed. Motionless and fragile.

She was hooked up to a dozen tubes and wires, machines were beeping every second to assure she was breathing well enough. I inched closer, Dr Lewis exited to give us privacy.

I was horrified when I spotted blood splatters on her hospital gown, she must have lost so much blood because her face looked slightly blue. Colorless.

"Emily. My baby. My everything." I took her cold hand in mine and sat in the stool next to her bed. She was still, not moving in the slightest. My heart couldn't stand this.

"I miss you so much, I've been going crazy not being able to be near you! I'm lost without you Em." I whispered, talking to her not knowing if she could even hear me right now. I didn't care though.

My eyes stung. "You know its funny how someone so full of life and energy, someone who lightened my life up is now lifelessly hanging on."

She lay still as if she was trying to break me down purposely because she knew how badly this hurt me. It all felt real now, seeing her lying in the hospital bed with tubes and blood. I hate this. I hate everything.

"Emily...please don't leave me." I took her hand and kissed it gently, tears falling down on it. "Please stay with me baby, I need you!" I whimpered. I've never felt so vulnerable in my life.

I felt her hand twitch in mine slightly, maybe she could hear what I'm saying. I hope she can. "Please stay. Please stay. Please stay." I said repeatedly. No way ia she leaving me behind.

I jumped when the monitor started beeping loudly, the screens were flashing red. I didn't understand what was going on but it didn't seem good, just then Dr Lewis barged in.

"Whats going on?" I demanded.

"Jack step back! Somethings wrong, her heartbeat isn't functioning accordingly now!" He said. My heart started beating in my throat. what?

"Is she gonna be okay? Whats happening? Tell me she'll be ok-" i yelled feeling a nurse pull me away from Emily. The monitors were haywire now, my fears on edge. I was crying but I didn't care.

"Jack you need to leave! We're about to do an opp on Ms Evans!" He said sternly.

The nurse pulled me out the door, I was yelling and screaming for them to let me stay with her. They shut the door in front of me, I slammed on it shouting at the top of my lungs. The last thing I saw was Emily's blood splattering the floor.

I dropped to the floor, feeling weak and hopeless.

-

"How is she?" Cameron asked, sitting with me at McDonald's. Mrs Evans demanded that I go home to shower and get something to eat so I did. I didn't feel like being in that haunting place.

I shrugged. "She had uh..a heart malfunction I think...so they uh had to do some opp on her." I said weakly.

I was sitting in a booth with Johnson, Mahogany Sammy and Cameron. "God, I hope she'll be okay." Cam said again. I honestly wanted to slap him, I'm the one who should be concerned not him.

I shook my head, he's her friend I need to calm down. "She'll make it man, she's a strong girl." Sammy added. I looked at my plate but didn't feel hungry anymore, I didn't have an appetite for a week and I looked scrawny.

"Eat." Johnson said sternly. So I did but only took a bite and threw it back onto the tray.

"This is fucked up. Im going back to the hospital room now. See you guys later."

I left.

-

I sat next to Mr Evans in the hallways again, my eyes fixed to the floor. I felt empty again knowing she's even worse than before. "Emily never told us about you, why's that?" He asked.

"I don't know to be honest Mr Evans, I guess she was afraid." I replied, looking at him. He didn't look angry just confused.

"Afraid of what?"

"That you won't approve of her boyfriend, the perfect daughter shouldn't be with the highschool badboy." I laughed bitterly.

He shook his head. "I probably wouldn't have approved Mr Gilinsky...but I do now."

"Why now?"

"Because its clear that you love Emily, you wouldn't be sitting here waiting for her especially since theres no guarantee She'll be okay."

I let that sink in. "I love her Mr Evans, I love her so much."

He smiled. "Me too kid. Me too." He patted my back. He finally accepted me.

"I'm not ready for her to leave. I want her go stay." I said.

He looked tired. "I want her to stay too."

_______
Omgggg this was so hard to write bcs depression vibes!