Am I Enough.

-JACK POV-

I haven't spent time with Emily in a few days, I mean we've seen each other at school and afterwards but I've never spent a full day with her. I missed her so much, it was like being Back in LA.

"Where have you been lately?" She asked when I walked her to her locker, she seemed suspicious.

I thought fast. "Uh studying." I said hoping she would believe my lie. But she didn't and just nodded, god I hated seeing her troubled. And I hated lying to her about what I was doing.

"I've gotta go." She sighed closing her locker. She didn't meet my eye, she walked away without a hug or an I love you. I would lose her if i dont come clean or worse could happen.

My phone beeped.

From Mia: ready? <3

To Mia: yeah.

I was so frustrated. The reason why not haven't seen my girlfriend was because my mother had made me help Mia with just about everything. From setting up the house to homework to everything else. She said she would ban Emily from our house if i didn't help Mia.

Emily wouldn't freak out over Mia, she would freak out that i was doing it behind close doirs which was wrong but I'd rather lie and have Emily than lose her.

wow that sounds really fucked up actually.

-Emily POV-

"You okay?" Cameron asked as we drove to my house. He picked me up this morning because Jack was 'too busy'.

I nodded and slid on my shades because I would probably cry now. He rubbed my shoulder affectionately, I managed a small smile that didn't reach my eyes.

"Its just...Jack." I finally said, Cam didn't care about my boy trouble but I needed someone to talk to so I spoke anyways.

"What happened?" He asked.

"He's been busy alot lately but he's been vague about it. Like he says he's studying but thats a lue because we always study together. He's lying and it hurts because he can tell me anything."

"Em...he has a good reason although I'm sure its nothing bad. You worry too much about it."

"I just have a bad feeling."

He took my hand. "Don't, Jack loves you way too much to hurt you. Everybody knows that."

I laughed. "You're wrong Cam. Because he's hurting me now and he doesn't even see that."

That seemed to end the conversation and the was grateful. Atleast Cam was supportive, he could have said Jack is probably cheating or that he doesn't care about me but he assured me. Other guys would try to convince me to leave him but Cam took his friends side.

That was actually sweet.

-

I decided to get Jacks favorite movie and pizza and went to his house, to surprise him. Maybe he thought I wasnt interested anymore.

I parked outside and got out, I heard voiced coming from the backyard. It was Jacks and - a girl? Mia.

"You suck at this!" She giggled, I peeked around the corner like the stalker I really am. They were laying on a blanket together doing Math, he was tutoring her - but Jack sucks at math.

"Not as bad as you!" He laughed and poked her side. My heart shattered into a billion pieces. Why is he doing this? Wasn't I enough for him?

She smiled. "I appreciate how much you've been helping me Jack, we're good together." He smiled back but didn't say anything which was good I supposed but that doesn't make up for the fact that he's a liar.

I watched as he smiled, laughed, joked around with his ex girlfriend on the blanket. I was never bothered with him being with Mia but he's lying about it so that didn't make it okay.

I turned and left, glad to be out of their happy and cosy private meeting. So this is why Jack hasn't been with me and he's been helping - willingly. And he's been lying about it.

Hurt wasnt the word. Betrayed was.

-

I got to school on my own today, not wanting to see Jack or Cameron either. I got my History book and left for class when I saw Jack heading my way. We had history class together but I dodged him easily because we had a test.

It was lunch and I dreaded it because i couldn't avoid Jack now. But I'd try. Cam saw me and waved me over yo stand next to him in the lunch line. Jack was thre spaces behind him, i walked passed him and stood by Cam.

"You've been quiet today. You okay?" He asked as we stacked our food tray.

"Sure! Never better." I smiled fakely, he nodded and lead us to the guys famous lunch table. I wish We'd sit somewhere else because Jack was walking toward us, his face deathly.

"Hey guys. Hi Emily." He sitting next to me, pushing Cam aside. I smiled and continued eating my grape. Sammy came to us and thankfully sat next to me, starting a convo immediately.

I felt Jacks hand touch my leg, he rubbed it and squeezed my gently. It was his sign of affection, usually I would slip my hand into his but I ignored it. He pulled away, got up and stalked off, leaving the guys staring at him.

"What's gotten into him?" Sammy asked.

Jack Johnson met my eye, he obviously knew that I knew of Jacks after school business. "He's just...lack of sleep." Johnson said. Everyone carried on wuth their convos but i sat staring at my uneaten lunch. My appetite suddenly gone.

-

I walked to my car, ready to leave after a fucked up day at school. I just needed to sleep and i had so many assignments, on top of that Jack was a pain in the ass. "You okay?" I heard Jacks voice next to my ear.

I turned around and smiled - tried to at least. "Yep." I said.

He raised a brow. "I know you, whats up? I missed -."

"Am I enough Jack?" I interrupted him.

He frowned deeply. "What? You're more than enough -"

"Then why are you still seeing her everyday?"

His face fell. He was at a loss for words and realized that I knew. I laughed bitterly and got into my car. I drove off with Jack staring after me like he was punched him in the gut.

Truth is: I wasn't enough.