Meant To Be?

-Jack POV-

I sat on my bed the whole day. Didn't bother going to school, didn't even bother showering. This is probably the 1000th time i screwed up with Emily and she kept coming back to me everytime something went wrong.

She didn't return my call and I didn't expect her to, because I wouldn't want to see her if she did that to me. I would break up with her if it were reversed - but she wouldn't. That shows that I dont deserve Emily.

"Honey? Can I come in?" My mom opened the door slightly. I nodded so she sat on my bed, rubbing my back.

"What do you want now?" It came out harsher than I intended but I didn't want to talk to anyone right now.

"Why haven't you been to Mia today? I received a call from her now, she's crying." She looked at me like i shot a baby.

I groaned. "No offense mom but I don't care about her right now..." This time i didn't hold back the harshness. She looked wounded but I really did not care because it all started when she black mailed her own son.

"Because of that girl right?"

"That girl has a name and its Emily!"

"Well she's the reason why I don't see you! Why you neglected Mia! You've changed Jack!" She yelled.

"You see me every damn day Mom! I broke up with Mia long before Emily came into the picture and I dont love her so quit trying to change me! Because you are, not Emily!"

"How dare you!"

"No how dare you! Black mail me into lying to my girlfriend to hang out with someone I dont even LIKE?" i boomed.

She folded her arms. "Oh and you like Emily? As if you know what real love is Jack Gilinsky!"

"I may not know what real love is Mom but Emily gives me the feeling that Im figuring it out! I love her more than anything." I yelled slamming my fist on the study table.

She laughed dryly. "You're better off without her!"

"Are you happy though? You got her to hate me now, like you and Mia wanted all along."

"Its better this way..."

"No because I feel like I'm lost without her. You got what you want but your son is miserable. So thanks mom." I said and stalked off.

I left and slammed the front door, I just couldn't face her anymore. As my mom she's suppose to support me in this, she knows Emily is the first girl I love and shes ruined it instead.

I drove to Emily's house. I need to see her and need to be with her, she's my everything. I knocked on the door but nobody answered so I used the key she kept under the mat and went in.

I peeked through the crack from her room door and saw her lying on the bed, reading and her back was to me. I slowly tip-toed in so she couldn't hear me.

I put my arms around her, "i love you." Was all I could think of saying because it felt so right, so real and so sure.

She circled her small arms around me and pulled me into her. She wasn't mad but she wasn't happy either, i could tell because I know her like the back of my hand. "You know I love you!"

"Can we talk about this?" I asked. She patted the bed next to her so i sat down but she moved to face me. Like the first time I snuck into her bedroom. I didn't know what to say though.

"Johnson told me your mom didn't want me around." She whispered looking down.

"She made me help Mia with everything so I didn't have time for you...us."

"Im not mad, just hurt." She said, playing with the sheet and not making eye contact with me. She really is hurt.

I took her hand in mine, crazy how it felt like it was made for mine. "Em, I don't feel anything for her...its all you babygirl." I held her hand tight.

"I know."

"Is that all you have to say to me?"

I was feeling bummed but this was something entirely new.

"You know theres always something that threatens to ruin us. Your mom. Mia. It feels like maybe we arent meant to be Jack."

I was shocked. "Don't you dare say that Emily. Thats not true!"

"Think about it Jack, we can never have a relationship with all these things breaking our trust."

"Emily...please." I said weakly. It felt like my insides were giving up on me. I felt dread cover my heart.

"We're just not meant for each other because every time something good happens, something bad follow."

"No this is just making us stronger." I squeezed her hand in mine, tears fell to her cheeks. I wiped them away and kissed both her cheeks, he closed her eyes like she was in pain.

"We have too many problems." She said.

-Emily POV-

"We have too many problems." I said.

He looked like I'd punched him in the face and knocked the life out of him with what I said. "Don't do this though."

"What do you want me to do Jack? Things haven't been smooth for us at all and you expect me to stay?"

He put his hand in head sighing deeply like this was toughest thing in life. In all honesty I knew I was right but did I really want to end it? No.

I stood up and walked to my dressing cabinet facing away from Jack, if I looked at him I'd cave and I couldn't - I wouldn't. I felt him move behind me, so i turned and came face to face with him.

"Jack I can't - " i started.

"Tell me that y-you don't love me...tell me and I'll go. I'll leave you alone." He stammered. I felt a tear trickle down my face, he knows I can just unlove him.

"Thats not fair Jack...you know I love you." I whipered, he inched closer and closer to me. He cupped my face in his hands, I loved the touched.

"Tell me you don't and I'll give up but I won't knowing you love me because I can't give up on the love of my life."

In that moment I knew it wouldn't be easy for us but he was totally worth every fight, heartbreak, obstacle in our relationship. He was worth everything and I couldn't give up on someone who refused to give up on me.

"I...I love you Jack." I whispered.

"Then I'm not giving up on us."

He leaned down and kissed my lips, softly at first and then more harder. He held my cheek in his hand, stroking it with his thumb. My body was hot from his touch - a simply touch heats me up.

I don't know if we're meant to be but we're trying. Thats a start.