Without You

-EMILY POV-

Its been exactly a day since Jack left to LA. He called every hour, we skyped every night and texted every second, I felt bad because he would stop during a recording session to answer my text.

"Come on, we can do something fun today and take your mind off it." Cam suggested as we sat in my living room.

"Like what?" I asked unenthusiastically.

"Lets hike up one of these mountains, I've always wanted to!"

I laughed. "Oh I don't exercise!"

He rolled his eyes. "Lets just do it, don't be such a wuss."

I shoved his arm, "Fine! Let me change first then we can hike up the stupid mountain."

I raced to my bedroom and threw on a pair of shorts, a tank top and my running shoes. I tied my hair in a bun at the top of my head and added a headband.

"Finally!" Cameron sighed when I came downstairs. "It wasn't even that long!"

"Nice shorts." He smirked as I walked ahead of him. I blushed and nudged him casually, it wad kinda awkward.

-

"You're trying to kill me!" I yelled, breathing heavily as Cam and I hiked up the huge mountain. My chest was in stitches.

"You're such a girl!" He yelled back, way ahead of me. I stopped and fell to the ground, too tired to carry on. Cam laughed and walked back to where I was sitting. "I am a girl you idiot!"

"Fiesty one." He teased and lifted me up, he bent down in front of me like he was waiting for something.

"What?" I asked.

He rolled his eyes again. "Get on! We're getting to the top even if I have to carry your complaining ass."

I laughed and hopped on his back, he lifted me with easy and slid his arms around my legs to secure me. I blushed from the contact, no other guy but Jack touched me. Cam didn't seem to notice as he walked up further.

"We're almost there!" I yelled motivating him. He was surprisingly strong and didn't complain about carrying me once.

We reachrd the top when he put me down slowly. "Whoooo hoo! We did it baby!" He shouted and held both hands up for me to high five. I threw my arms around him and he spun me around in a victorious hug.

We were too caught up in the moment to think about Jack. I was too caught up to notice the 15 miss calls from Jack, I was too busy hugging Cam to notice anything.

"Ice cream on you!" Cam poked my side playfully as we walked down.

I laughed. "Its the least i could do for making you carry me up the mountain."

"Piece of cake," he shrugged, "I'd do it all over again." He winked. I blushed, the awkwardness between disappeared.

-JACK POV-

"You okay man?" Johnson asked as we exited the recording studio. It was late and We'd just ended a long session working on our new song called Flights.

I nodded. "Yeah..."

"She misses you too kid." He said getting into our car.

I scoffed. "She would return my calls or texts if she did, its be a whole day and she hasnt!" I yelled frustrated.

"She's just busy, she has her life too Jack and you do too so cool it."

"Yeah but how the fuck are we supposed to get through this if she ignores me! I'm trying and she doesn't care!" I boomed slamming my fist on the dashboard.

"It's been one day Jack...call her tonight and don't be so hard on her." He said and drove us back to the hotel. We had a party that night which I wanted to ditch but Johnson claimed its good for publicity.

I cleaned up nicely and waited for Johnson to finish up. I decided to Skype Emily, she picked up immediately.

"Jack!" She shrieked, a smile spread across her small face. The angry from earlier disappeared and all i felt was love for this one girl.

"Emily! Oh my god, I missed you so much." I said, feeling my face break out into a smile.

"I missed you too! How was the studio today?" she asked, pulling her hair out of a bun so that it flowed around her face. I could stare at her all day.

"The usual, real tiring!" I sighed still dazed by her natural beauty. "What have you been doing?" I aksed.

She opened her mouth but then someone else came into the screen that made jealousy spark in me. Cameron.

"Sup bro!" He said cheerfully. He was shirtless and in her bedroom, I felt my temper fkare but i smiled, "Hey man." I siad stiffly.

"We hiked up that huge mountain today! I almost died! I hate Cam for that!" Emily told me excitedly.

"Lazy bones collapsed halfway up!" He laughed.

"I took a breather! And I repaid him in ice cream cones." She laughed and nudged him playfully.

"Yeah because i had to carry her heavy ass up the entire way!" He added wiping away a fake sweat. She laughed and flicked his ear.

I was watching them tease each other the whole time. The anger bubbled inside me and I felt like flinging the phone at the wall. I watched my girl play around with my best mate while I was in LA. I couldn't stand this at all.

"Yeah Johnson and I are heading to a party now." I said interrupting their little - whatever it was.

Her smile wavered, like she didn't like the idea but she covered it up. Cam smiled at me not noticing my irritation at the both of them. "Oh...have fun Jack!" She said smiling.

I felt bad for making her think I was enjoying this but she was enjoying herself and how should i feel?

"Yeah thanks." I replied coldly.

We ended the Skype without saying I love you.