𝐌𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬

The light breeze caused a light bristle of leaves to echo throughout the forest. Enola sat on a rotting tree stump, lightly kicking her feet in the air as she basked in the warm stream of sunlight coming from the foliage. A tiny smile on her lips as she allowed her fingers to brush over the pink flowers near her feet—the soft, delicate petal tickling her fingertips, leaving a sticky pollen residue.

The mind fairy loved the outdoors. 

When she was little, she could always recall stories of how her parents thought she would declare herself an earth fairy due to her constantly playing in the flowers or climbing trees, but it wasn't the case. The family would soon be able to tell that the small infant was, in fact, a mind fairy when she would constantly be able to tell what her parents were thinking.

At some point, her powers became so much that Enola was constantly answering to people's thoughts, never sure if they were speaking to her or simple thinking to themselves.

The greenery toned all the voices out, however. The calamity called her forward even when she was first developing her powers. Unlike, people, plants have no thoughts or even feelings for the most part. They just live in peace with each other, their only intentions being to survive as a collective unit.

Being outside gave Enola time to listen to her own thoughts without others shouting over them.

A small smile graced Enola's lips as she thought back to the day that she and Musa went to the park. It was extremely crowded that day, and Enola was finding it harder than usual to remain composed. Musa had automatically been able to feel her sister's worry and began blaring music into her earbuds, pointing to Enola to simply focus on her thoughts. Her sister's numb music-filled mind automatically was solace from the chaotic thoughts of everyone around her that day.

The two twins had been inseparable since then.

'Why is she here?'

There is was again that voice Enola heard when she was in the courtyard earlier. Enola froze in her spot as she allowed her green eyes to glance around the area, careful not to appear as she heard him.

His thoughts were hard to capture. Constantly going in and out as if they had bad reception. Despite the poor connection, Enola yearned for more. The mind fairy was usually very respectful of others' privacy and didn't try to read their mind if unnecessary, but he was different from anyone she had ever heard.

'I wonder if she is an earth fairy?'

Whoever he was, his thoughts were calm and pure. Enola was used to hearing people complain about their personal problems, indulge in their own vanities, or attack others. His thoughts weren't anything like that; however, his thoughts didn't even hold any form of self wanting.

'I should talk to her.'

The honey-brown haired girl's heart fluttered in her chest like a million butterflies as her face heated up. Enola's eyes widened as she immediately wished that she had checked her appearance before she left for her hike in the woods. She didn't know why she was so concerned about how she looked, considering she barely knew the guy. For all she knew, he could be a crazed ax murder waiting for a helpless victim to walk into his trap.