𝐍𝐨𝐯𝐢𝐜𝐞

The following weeks proved to be a challenge for them all. None of the suitemates would blame Enola and Bloom for being as secretive as they were after what they went through, but it didn't stop them from worrying about them. Bloom was truly the one they needed to be concerned about, as she had been sneaking down to check on Beatrix every night.

From what the fire fairy knew, Enola was the only person who was aware of her spying, but Aisha was beginning to grow suspicious at Bloom's constant need to jot down stuff in her notebook, which she kept hidden from the girls when she wasn't in the suite.

Enola was a bit worried for Bloom herself, finding her addiction to Beatrix a bit concerning. The mind fairly selfishly allowed it to continue, however. She may not have confessed it, but she wanted Beatrix free as well so she could contact Rosalind.

She wasn't crazy enough to help Bloom in her plan to break the air fairy out, though. She may trust Beatrix more, but she still knew that the fairy had one of the most powerful minds blocks she's ever broken through.

Sam may have been the closest to getting all the information on what went on that night, and even that was little. Enola had just told him that they went to Aster Dell and found out more about Bloom's birth parents, leaving out the part about Rosalind being able to help her finally master her powers. He didn't push her to say more after that and swore to keep what he knew a secret from everyone, including her roommates.

Everyone was tense, though.

Mostly because of how worn out they were from classes, which was no longer elective based.

Their training had been amped to a whole different level as now fairies and specialists were learning together, their only focus on how to kill a burned one. It was as if they were in some intensive war boot camp. The faculty were drilling new defense tactics into their mind and did not expect anything less than perfection when they executed them. Not even the older students were used to this type of teaching.

"You better not screw this up again," Riven spoke from behind Enola as he raised his sword in the air, listening for the growls of the burned one as they grew stronger.

"I won't," Enola grit out as her eyes flashed bright pink, sensing the burned one as it planned to come in from the bushes. She quickly spun on her heels as she turned in its direction, "Check your right."

Riven quickly twisted on his heels, pushing Enola back as he angled his sword up to puncture it in the chest before the entire creature disintegrated. Both teenagers groaned as a small silver ball fell to the ground.

"What did we do wrong this time," Riven muttered as they looked over at Professor Harvey, who grabbed the sphere from the ground as they moved back into positions.

"You need to work together," Harvey said as he looked between the two, "Riven can't just take the lead, and you need to use more than your rudimentary magic."