𝐌𝐞𝐭𝐚𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐩𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐬

The girls followed Rosalind as she led them to the stone circle. They couldn't believe how smart she was as she informed the girls all about the stone circle's history before Alfea. She spoke as if she was hundreds of years old.

"Be quiet," Rosalind commanded, pulling the girls to her before snapping her fingers. Just like how Stella had done in the suite, the girls seemed to disappear as they watched Dowling approach the stone circle a few seconds later.

Enola practically held her breath as she watched her stand only a few feet away. It felt like she was playing hide and go seek when she was younger. The fear that came from almost getting caught, except there was also a bit of guilt for lying. The mind fairy ignored that feeling, though as she knew they needed Rosalind's help.

The headmistress looked around the area for a few minutes before reaching into her trench coat to pull out her phone. She typed away on it for a few seconds before putting it back.

Bloom moved to take a small step, thinking that Dowling was leaving, causing her to look over in their direction. Both teenagers froze as they made eye contact with Dowling for a second as they worried she'd caught them, but sure enough, the older woman left the circle, not looking back.

Enola let out a deep breath once Rosalind made them appear once again. Moving back to the stone circle as she began to retrieve magic from the core rock.

Enola peered over to the direction that Dowling was walking to in confusion, "I thought you said you were too weak to perform magic?"

"Yet you were able to make us invisible," Bloom scoffed, her doubts beginning to settle in as she realized what they had done. If Rosalind was as dangerous as Dowling had told her, then she may have truly messed up.

Enola's thoughts mirrored Bloom, although she couldn't bring herself to act on them. No matter how terrible Rosalind was, she was able to provide both girls with something that nobody else could: Answers.

The mind fairy was beginning to see why Rosalind was so powerful and manipulative. She had the ability to know exactly what people wanted and how to use them because of it. It was a dangerous form of helplessness that Enola felt, but she didn't want to run away.

"In the stone circle, I can draw on the magic of the land," Rosalind said as her eyes focused on the magic stemming from the Vessel, "That is why I had you bring me here. Recharge the old batteries."

"What happened at Aster Dell," Bloom asked, not caring too much about Rosalind gaining power.

Rosalind smiled as she looked over to Bloom and Enola, "Everything Farah told you is true. I lied to them. I told them it was evacuated, and it wasn't."

Enola was beginning to understand why people called her loony. The look in her eyes as she proudly told the teenage girls that she murdered an entire town was incredible, almost as if it was a life's achievement. She could care less about the collateral damage.