𝐒𝐢𝐛𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬

Enola sighed as she entered the woods, hoping that the light murmur of voices in the woods was her friends and not a group of strangers who wanted to kill her. Trampling over a few weeds in the path, the mind fairy began to follow the voices she was hearing, focusing her powers to make sure she was walking in the right direction.

She had received a text from Musa that they were going to the old barn a few minutes ago and prayed that they would be able to retrieve the damn ring and leave before it was too late.

Enola sighed once she saw the five fairies all standing in the circle as they debated who would go into the structure, "This is my workout for the rest of the week," she huffed, stumbling down the small hill she was standing on top of to stand near Terra.

"It was only a few yards away," Musa joked, causing Enola to roll her eyes. The sister was about to reply with a smart comment when both their eyes glowed at the same time.

Enola didn't say a word as she followed her sister towards the voices, wondering what could possibly be making so much noise in the middle of the forest.

"Girls?"

Terra followed the girls, wondering what could have gotten into them to make them zone out. She watched as they followed their magic's control walking a few feet into the woods.

Just when Musa and Enola stopped, looking at the sight before them, hundreds of specialists lying dead. The burned ones had gotten to them all. Just as they were about to warn the others, pain took over.

Enola practically folded into herself as she doubled over in pain, the same pain she had felt the previous night when she faced the burned one. It was as if they were all under the same influence the burned one was under, the same fear and loss of control.

Images flew before Enola's eyes as they turned completely pink, pictures of massacre, bloodlust, death, and pain, so much pain that Enola felt like she couldn't breathe. The thoughts, however, were what immobilized the mind fairy, literally, wails sounding like prisoners all trying to claw themselves free.

It was as if Enola had fallen into darkness.

"It hurts," Musa moaned as her fingers dug themselves into the dirt, not even noticing her sister, who was writhing in agony next to her.

Terra seemed to break herself out of the horrific trance she was under at the sight of the bloodied carnage in front of her as she grabbed onto both girls trying to shake them out of their own minds.

Enola gulped as she tried to ignore the stabbing feeling in her mind as she pushed herself off the floor of the woods. Ignoring the pain, she forced her body to approach Musa before violently shaking the girl out of the trance, "Musa, are you okay?"

"Guys," Terra shouted over to the barn, moving to help Musa and Enola up on their feet, "We have got a problem."

Enola leaned against the tree stump, clenching her eyes shut as she tried to force herself to ignore all the painful cries of help, grinding her teeth together. The pain seemed to be the worst of it once Enola began to silence the wails, but the mind fairy was managing to control herself enough to listen to the girls speak.