𝐓𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬

"Bang on the door harder," Enola shouted as Sky tried once again to open the door. The specialist had been trying to get into the suite for the past few seconds while she and Bloom waited, knowing neither of their powers would help them open the door.

"Sure, I don't need brain cells," Sky shot back, looking over to the mind fairy whose eyes were glowing in and out as the thoughts of the girls inside filled her mind.

Enola didn't know who, but they were all worried about someone who was attacked by the burned one. She was terrified to find out it was Musa, as she didn't know if she could handle losing the little family she had left. The mind fairy wasn't going to even give her the chance of trying, as she continued to try and encourage Sky.

"Someone inside is severely hurt, Sky!"

Sky looked over to Enola in shock before nodding his head. Any former attitude went as she rammed his shoulder into the wooden door once again, causing it to snap open. Enola didn't hesitate to burst inside the suite, her eyes flickering over to Musa immediately as she let out a sigh of relief, "thank goodness," she spoke before looking over to the other girls who seemed fine as well.

Just as a smile was about to appear on her face, assuming she had heard wrong, her eyes followed to who they were kneeling over.

Everything stopped moving as a ringing noise filled Enola's ears as she watched Sam on the ground with three deep cuts running from his ribs all the way down to his waist, streaked with the murky black poison that could only come from a burned one. His eyes were clenched shut as he squirmed back in forth in pain as his cries filled the room.

Enola finally understood what the thoughts meant and why there was a sense of urgency in them. Based off of Sam's injuries, he wouldn't be able to make it by the end of the night.

"Oh my god," Enola said, dropping to her feet, as she reached out to grab Sam's free hand, "Sam," she hiccuped as tears began to cloud her vision.

The moment her hand grabbed onto his, Enola was pulled into his mind. The thoughts that were once filled with calming and peaceful thoughts were tainted by the torturous screams of pain that he felt as the poison seeped into his body. The pain that the mind fairy had grown used to that came from the burned one was nothing compared to what Sam felt, as Enola forced herself to let go of him.

Falling back, as she guiltily tried to escape Sam's thoughts, Enola watched as Sky and Aisha grabbed onto him, helping him up before dragging him towards the door. She was frozen as she watched them take him away.

"We need to get him to the courtyard," Sky ordered, "They are barricading it off. We'll be safe there."

"Enola," Musa snapped her fingers in front of her sister's teary face, "Get out of it. You need to be there for him."

Enola numbly let her twin pull her to her feet as she began to follow the rest of the group out of the room, careful to not stand near Sam, as she was scared to encounter his thoughts again. Looking over to Musa instead, she asked, "Why was he in the corridor?"