𝐅𝐨𝐜𝐮𝐬

Weeks had passed since the girls had found Silva in the woods and brought him back to Alfea, where they were able to safely extract the burned one's poison before it was too late. Silva still wasn't too lucky as they hadn't managed to kill the burned one that attacked him, meaning he was on the clock.

During this time, Enola had also been spending more and more time with Sam, who she definitely liked as more than a friend. She, of course, hadn't told Terra, which was putting a damper to her entire first relationship thing. The mind fairy would be lying, however, if she said she didn't like sneaking around with Sam. It made things fun, and he was willing to go with it.

Or at least Enola thinks he is? She had honestly been really lucky with them not bumping into each other whenever Terra was around, and Sam hadn't mentioned his sister at all, which led Enola to assume that he was aware that Terra didn't know, but that might also be Enola's wishful thinking.

The honey-haired girl sighed as she looked up from her textbook at Terra, who was asking Dowling about the assignment they had in class today. The topic of the class was to learn to hone one's powers. Something that Enola was not good at.

"So it is the perfect pear. right?" Terra began as Dowling looked over her shoulder at the girl in indifference, listening as she continued, "So you know how when you always want to eat a pear, it is rock solid, so you wait, and you wait, and it is still a rock. And then you touch it one second later, and it's all rotten mush?"

She sat in the last row with Beatrix, who was practically glowing at the idea of doing such an easy task. She could hear the fairy's thoughts from a mile away. They were so loud, as she bragged to herself about how easy the school was.

"Of course the earth fairy wants to walk about fruit," Beatrix mumbled, "oh, what fun."

Enola just ignored her as she continued to listen to the class, as Dowling looked at Terra in interest, "Your magic connects you to living things. Feel how they communicate to you. the subtle signals of nature."

Terra reached over to her pot of dirt as she began to pull a bright yellow flower from the soil. Enola watched with a smile, relishing in the beauty of the plant.

"Pheremones, vibrations," Dowling continued, "You can give life, but there is such a thing as giving too much."

Enola smiled as she spoke to herself, "Too much is kind of her thing."

Beatrix laughed at her comment before nudging her foot, "I don't think I have formally introduced myself. My name is Beatrix."

"Nice to meet you," Enola smiled, looking over at the girl before trying to focus back on what Dowling was telling students. She needed to excel at Alfea, or else she would never learn how to silence her powers.

Dowling had now moved to stand at Bloom and Aisha's table, "Can you light a single piece of kindling and leave the others untouched, Bloom?"

"I hear that you are mental," Beatrix whispered, despite Enola's attempts to focus on the lesson, "hearing voices."