42: Planning Her Demise

"Eh, where's Arundel?" The heroine softly asks as she continues to look for the magician. They all agree to meet each other in the palace to talk about the current problems. The other two knights were also invited and don't know what's going on.

"Rayll, where is he?!" The prince, knowing that they were in charge of the investigation, suddenly rose from his seat.

The said heir was silent. Distress clouded his features and his usual glorious and arrogant eyes were replace by blank ones, almost resembling Knile's.

"What's going on? Why are you guys shouting?" The calm Nash raises his eyebrow while Astley sigh.

He and his twin were confused as to why Arundel was missing. They don't even know why they are having a meeting instead of suppressing the uprising revolution.

Rayll stayed silent, causing them to feel annoyed.

Astley clicks his tongue before glaring at the grieving heir.

"What the hell is wrong with you? Answer the damn question and tell us where's that childish magician."

"Astley!" The heroine scolded.

"That's not how you should speak!"

"Oi, a prominent lady shouldn't also raise her voice." He mocks as he drinks his tea.

"We're wasting time," Nash reminded. "What's going on anyway?"

The heroine gulped, she was the only one who reacted to the question causing Nash to look at her with narrowed eyes.

"One-word stupid brother, chaos."

His attention then shifted to his twin.

"It's not just a normal chaos, it was intentional." The prince expressed seriously.

"And? You're gonna blamed how you failed to save the empire to the one who caused it?"

"Pardon?"

"Stop acting rude, Astley." Nash scolded while he just rolled his eyes. Astley wasn't the typical capture target that would respect people because of status and wealth. He was the rebellious one. (That was cringe but hey-)

"Oh~ what do you mean brother? I'm telling what I know is the truth. The prince is incapable when it comes to ruling and establishing peace."

"He is the future emperor."

"As if that'll happen." Astley mock. "Go ahead, execute me, your majesty."

"What is wrong with you?!"

"Oi, don't act as if you didn't do anything to worsen the chaos."

"Why are y-"

"I've got enough of your words Neville. Whenever things happen, you were always the one who doesn't do anything. Just why Neville?!" Astley angrily shouted as he threw the teacup towards the prince.

The sound of the teacup slamming on the wall made the heroine trembled. Everyone in the room was startled.

Why was he acting that way? The Astley she knew was kind to his friends so why? Her question didn't remain unanswered for what she heard greatly shock her.

"Why did you kill his majesty?!"

.
.
.
.
.

"What?"

The silent Rayll raise his head and blankly stared at his friends.

"What do you mean by that Astley?"