6: The Rotten Empire and Knight

The image above is her maid. ಠ◡ಠ

■□■□■□■□■■□■□■□■□■■□■□■□■□■■□■□■□■□■■□■□■□■□■
The Dragnof Empire.

Legend has it that this land was once home to majestic dragons. The emblem of the Empire is a dragon and the people worship and respect them. They both live in peace and harmony. No one controls anything for they were free. The dragons were harmless and greed did not reign the human heart back then.

But, things gradually escalated when a human successfully slaughtered a dragon.

Why did he do that?

For freedom, yet freedom is just an illusion created by the mind. His ideal push him to wage a war against the mythical creatures.

Humans started convince one another to kill dragons since they were gonna disrupt peace. Humanity--who felt threatened by the dragons--started recruiting their kind for armies and majority of them were immediately fooled because of fear. Women and children stayed at their homes and were not allowed to play with dragons anymore. Everything was now in chaos.

Some people were too smart to believe what the foolish human said. They didn't participate in anything which resulted in them being called traitors. To avoid bloodshed and getting executed, they fled the chaotic place and started a new life in the forest. Nowadays, I heard they are called witches who randomly curse at anyone. I heard nobles gossiping about them that they still have connections with some dragons.

The dragons were quite disappointed. They protected the people, the land from invaders and natural phenomena and this is how they got repaid? Some dragons were in rage while others flee the land. The dragons heard that some of the dragons who flee were killed. According to some books, the advancement of mage craft along with its implementation to knights were the main reason. They, with no sympathy left to spare, started burning houses and trampling the humans they once loved and protected.

The Great War, the war against dragons created mass destruction and took thousands of lives. The land was in great despair because of human foolishness.

People realize their foolishness as they look at their dead family and friends. They were so full of themselves they underestimated dragons. They tried creating peace with the dragons but the dragons with resentment refuse.

Giving them another chance of alliance was like giving them a new bullet to hit you since they miss the first one.

People's regret and despair were felt by the great god of the star, Stella. She felt pity towards the foolish humans so she helps them. She blessed few people with different magic and affinities. The blessed people defeated dragons and were praised. Happiness consumed the entire land and dragons retreated.

They united and recreated the land. People created their government and status. The people who killed dragons were granted honors and power. These people were the ancestors of noble families. Their names represent how humans were able to defeat dragons. Commoners have great respect for them. Five people were granted the honors of Duke.

Duke Wysteria.
Duke Hyll.
Duke Leyn.
Duke Reiss
Duke Drag Neel.

These five people were given vast lands and the stolen treasures of the dragons were given to them.

Three people were given the title of Marquess.

Three counts.

Two viscounts.

Ten barons.

After the distribution of power, the people recruited the Royal Family. They choose the most beautiful maiden they could find for the position of Empress and the bravest man was given the position of Emperor. The human they selected for the title of Emperor was the one who started the War. People thought he was brave...

They then change the name of the land into something fitting. In honor of the Star God, they name the empire after her. The Stella Empire, the land of the blessed. The emblem change into a golden star and people started worshiping her.

"Ha... The books in the Royal Palace sure is absurd." 

If I remember it correctly, the male leads were mostly the son of Dukes. The magician male lead is from House Wysteria, the bastard came from both House Reiss and House Hyll, and the twin knights are from House Drag Neel. I never thought the prince was an descendant of that foolish man haha... They both are foolish no matter what perspective you use.

"Hey!" What a pitiful life I have. I can't even read in peace. He already met the heroine and now it's my turn. I actually explored the palace to escape from them but fate insisted I suffer.

"Yes?"

"Why did you bully that girl? Are you that shameless? Just because you are the crown princess doesn't mean you should bully someone lower." The male lead from House Drag Neel shouted. He was the typical loud-mouthed male lead with the pea-size brain.

I turn my back and saw the male lead. Gorgeous as always. White hair with gold eyes and long eyelashes met my eyes. I remember from the manga that he was the one who started disgracing the Knight's honor which means he was against the regime Knile ruled.

His disciples followed him and let's just say he started hating Knile for pointing out his mistakes back when they were children. He is the type of person who will never change his views towards you. Once he thought you are evil, then you are evil.

"You're as loud as ever."

He gritted his teeth and clenched his fist.

"Damn you! I can punch you right now! If only you aren't the crown princess!" With my dark magic, I can feel his bitterness and hostility, not much different from the prince. What was his magic again?

"Oh really? Then why don't you do it?" I mock. Oh right, he is blessed with fire and somehow healing magic.

"You... You're just like your mother. You are insane-"

"Don't ever speak anything about insanity if you never experienced it," I spoke firmly which caught him off guard. Gosh, what I said was cringe.

"Don't even speak about that woman." I glared at him and left. "Respect the dead."

 When arguing they tend to bring back bad memories and use personal feelings against me.

Monster... Mother...

After hearing those words, my head starting throbbing. It might not affect me personally but it affected Knile's body.

I suppose hearing things that trigger sick memories is bad for health. I might not be affected but the original Knile must've.

I already finished two events which are meeting the prince and the white knight. After the heroine meets the male leads, I have to follow since I need to help them build their resentment towards me. Kind of like diving towards my death and I have no problem with it. But now, I still need to finish five more and I'm already exhausted. I'm experiencing a terrible headache and I'm sleepy.

I just wanna go home.

But do I even have a home?

"Ahaha, I shouldn't ask things like that."

It makes me feel alone.