3: Before the Chaos

The image above is what her twin sister looks like.

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

Knile's Pov

"You! You're disgracing the household's name by taking in a maid with unknown origins! You're tainting our honor!"

Ah, here we go again. The pointless arguments I need to deal with. As someone who grew up in silence and isolation, loud sounds tend to irritate me.

I look at the girl who is being ridiculed by my so-called twin sister and notice her emotionless face. It's quite admirable how she isn't affected by this kind of insults. 

Should I retort and waste my time or just ignore her?

Words are sometimes the source of pain but being ignored? It's the most unpleasant experience for someone seeking attention this bad.

I continued walking, making sure the person is following.

"Just you wait, I'LL TELL FATHER ABOUT THIS!" She screams and ran off.

Hmm, she's quite dependable to the duke. That's sort of bad, I need to destroy that trust somehow.

"Lady Knile."

I stop but didn't bother facing her.

"Should I kill her?"

What.

Never did I think of the possibility that she will dirty her hands for me that fast. 

But hey! On the bright side, that means she's willing to kill my enemies. I'm impressed, she's like my little corporate slave already.

But why did she suggested it...

"Not yet."

The girl followed me quietly—too quiet I thought no one was behind me.

Haaaa.

This wasn't in the manga; the villainess buying slaves. Though, if I didn't bring her then she might target me in the future. I'm basically stealing someone else's pawn.

In the manga, she was paid by the prince to assassinate the upcoming Empress. Too bad she failed though.

I entered my room and a sigh escapes my lips.
No maid was waiting to take off the dress, not to mention the corset so I instantly went and leap towards the bed. It was comfortable and relaxing, not the corset though. But then again, at this point, I don't care.

It is what it is.

"You can sleep there. I don't think I have the energy to meet and ask my father to prepare you a room."

Ha.... As if he'll care anyway.

"Also, change your clothes. You can borrow some nightgown inside the closet."

Time to rip this dress off my chest!

"M'lady, I-"

"Wake me up early in the morning, around 6." I cut her off and gladly, she didn't reply.

I need to prepare myself for the beginning of chaos. In other words, the beginning of every romance chapter where the heroine meets the prince.

Ah, what a fairy tale.

■□■□■□■□■■□■□■□■□■■□■□■□■□■■
➷➹➷➹➷➹➷➹➷➹➷➹➷➹➷➹➷➹➷➹♡
■□■□■□■□■■□■□■□■□■■□■□■□■□■□

The night proceeded quietly and morning came, followed by a commotion I didn't order.

For an unknown reason, maids gathered inside my room, ready to help me dress. I thought they weren't gonna help me get dressed because of what happened yesterday but here we are. I assumed that my father will not give me any maids because I brought a slave. Well, I guess I assumed too much.