16: Angel of Death

Celestia Redfox POV

This family is certainly rotten to the core.

Why did no one in her family search for her whereabouts?

Why did the Duke order the guards to prevent her from entering the mansion?

This is just sick.

My character's mission is to kill her, and I will never do that.

I'm an assassin and I should kill her but after learning and regaining my previous memory, I swore I will protect her until she destroys this Empire. She's someone precious after all.

It's funny how we both died on the same day and got reincarnated into the manga that I introduce to her.

Unlike any other reincarnated villainess, she didn't die getting hit by a truck. I was the one who died from getting hit by a truck. That day I heard from my coworkers that she committed suicide, I was in panic. Before I could see her, I was hit by a truck.

I left no regrets though. I'm happy I get to stay by her side. The moment she brought me from the black market, the moment I stared at her glowing crimson eyes; images of my past life entered my mind. Every single detail from my childhood to teenagers. I was in despair when I woke up inside a cage, but that disappeared when I met her again.

I was also thankful I reincarnated into the body of the assassin that was used by the prince to kill Knile. This assassin has the power to view someone's previous life which was pretty much useless in my opinion, but now because of it, I'm happy. According to the manga, my original fate was to be brought by the stupid prince and be used to eliminate nobles. I earned the name Angel of Death and many nobles want to hire me but I decline. The name brought terror to the empire and the prince took that opportunity to sweet talk with people, saying the crown princess will kill me.

He's adding more work to my sweet Knile.

Of course, Knile couldn't oppose since if she will, fear would take over the empire. Pretty much my character is one of the factors that change people's thoughts about the her.

Though I didn't last long enough. My character was tasked to kill Knile and I was the one who died. Knile for the first time used her black magic for herself. This event was seen by the great magician that lead him to suspicion. You know what happens next, factors and factors that would lead to a butterfly effect happened and that cause the massive revolution. All of these things affected the villainess in a bad way and the heroine in a good way.

By the way, heroines are overrated af. Being a social butterfly, being a unique species that was found underwater or something. Telling people to act like themselves and stop fake acting when you know people wouldn't even accept you if you did act naturally. Talking morals and values when they didn't even know the rules. Being naive and being called precious. Lmao, I admit I love heroines back then, but my perspective change when I heard her explanation. I swear truth hurts sometimes.

Though, now that I swore to protect her since her family isn't gonna do it, how should I do it?

I'm just a maid with no power other than kill. But the thing is, if I go and kill the capture targets, I might interfere with Knile's plan and this world might not like it.

Even the events right now didn't synchronize with the original one. I guess Knile created or did something during the Prince's Bouquet or characters started acting on their own.

This will now make the future unpredictable... I will not become an assassin with a badass nickname anymore. That's a bit sad though.

Oh yea, I forgot to add, Knile used my dead body to have a deal with the neighboring Empire. My character killed the lovable first princess who was also my sister. This maid right here is the fourth lost princess and sister of a tyrant villain. So yeah, my dead body is a jackpot for the villainess. Since the Emperor knew that his daughter was avenged, he accepted her proposal.

He also accepted the deal since it includes colonizing a whole rich Empire. People are greedy, not so greedy like me though.

Ah, I hope Knile recover soon. I can't wait to watch the surprises she's gonna do. I'm worried about her, but that doesn't mean I should stop her from acting like a villainess. That's her purpose in this world, that's also why she should fulfill it. It's hard to find what your life means, that's why; being given a role is easier. However, that's when the question of free will would emerge. Ahaha, paradox.

Come to think of it, the heroine must've been enjoying herself with the magician and the twin Knights. Even though things started changing I doubt everything will. She became the crown princess immediately but that doesn't stop her from attending the festival and having fun with three handsome men with shitty brains. They're highly intelligent actually, but when it comes to rumors stating Knile did bad things, they immediately believe it.

I admit I fell in love with the dark knight but of course there's this one person who shatters everything, telling how they should be responsible rather than mostly having fun with the heroine. She told me that if they weren't fooling around, then the war wouldn't even start in the first place. She was judging their stupidity rather than ignoring them to enjoy the whole story.

I wish we could still talk like always, but I'm afraid if I revealed my real identity it will destroy her plans. Knowing that your therapist got reincarnated as your maid it will make it harder for her. She's already suffering so I shouldn't be one of those factors.

I should just stay at the sideline and support her like usual.

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛✧༺♥༻✧♛┈⛧┈┈•༶
Idk if this was a plot twist or something though it was lame for me.