49: Reality Vs Illusion

The witch walks towards the chained villainess with an innocent smile, almost beating the heroine.

'So this is it?' Knile thought as memories from the beginning started to bother her. She then releases a soft sigh.

The villainess glanced at the heroine and saw her hunched posture. The heroine was looking at her with compassion.

The villainess then internally cursed at herself since there was no character development. She was still as gullible as ever.

'Even though I killed people intentionally, she's still feeling sorry for me?'

'Shouldn't she be glaring at me? Why? Did she not understood how many people perish during the reign of terror? The death of her friend? Is she really that naive she doesn't realize my evil deeds?'

The villainess took in a sharp breath while the witch raises her eyebrow; curious as to why she was acting unusual.

'Wow, the author really created a heroine who accepts things without a thought. A heroine devoid of feeling resentment. A heroine that's too pure. This is so ridiculous, I wanna laugh but I can't because they'll probably cover my mouth.'

'Though, if I didn't spread chaos and attack her instead, will she still feel sorry for me?'

The prince followed his instinct and glared at Knile. He felt as if the villainess was threatening the heroine. Knile rolled her eyes from the glare she was receiving.

'Will she look at me the same way ever again?' Her thoughts continued to amuse her she almost released another laughter.

Nash and Astley felt the hatred coming from the prince. One gritted his teeth, remembering the death of a friend while one thought if Knile actually is crazy. Both looked at Knile with narrowed eyes.

'Perhaps not because she's too pure and accepting.'

'But, A villainess should be the person who will polish the heroine. A stepping stone for the heroine to be loved by everyone. Why isn't she changing for the best? The side/background-characters aren't even interested in her.'

(That's cause u stole the spotlight!)

'I created a situation, a puzzle for her to solve and gain popularity and love yet she only works out part of it. Where's the overpowered heroine who defeated the previous villainess? Where did her mighty healing powers that prevented anyone from dying during the battle go?'

'Is attacking her, physically and verbally the only way for her to gain love from the people? A future empress disgusted at the sight of a lowly noble? If I did that, will she developed into a great female lead?'

'Honestly, that path is frustrating. I rather start something thrilling that can perfectly cost my life. It's still funny how villainess are beheaded because they tried to harm the lover of the prince. It is also a bit repetitive and boring cause you can easily predict what the capture targets will do next.'

'In any case, this path I choose isn't something I sorely regret. This was actually the best time of my life. I'm ready to die, again.'

Knile smiled, not a fake one, but a relieved one. A rare and genuine kind that radiates her charm. Her jewel red eyes glint, almost illuminating the darkest corners of the room. Some widen their eyes and some covered their mouth. It was the first time they didn't see any facade; not like she wears one anyway.

Knile, a person who only had an expressionless and blank look smiled during her prosecution.

'It is what it is.' She then drops her smile and shifted her gaze towards the witch who was beside her. 'If I die, so be it.'