46: The Witch Trial

'Now let's see, to formally execute me; where are your proofs?'

'At least let's enjoy this'

The heroine stood and glared at Knile. Her usual bright sunset eyes were narrowed and Knile can feel the thrill around. Nobles stop jabbering and they all felt the aura surrounding the heroine.

"Knile Hyll Reiss!" She cried out as a wave of mana erupted. Tiny white lights surrounded the room and the villainess knew she couldn't control her emotions.

Everyone we're surprised by her sudden outburst. They felt happy since they have a light magician who can defeat Knile if she ever plans to escape.

"What is it, your highness?" Knile mock as she smirks. Her jewel eyes were glowing with intensity.

'This is my end game.'

'I'm thrilled to what kind of evidence they have against me.'

"Why? Just why did you kill thousands of innocent people?!"

'The good ol' innocent heroine is gone.'

'I'm glad there's a character development.'

The villainess chuckled which offended the capture targets. People look at her as if she's crazy, which she is. They didn't know why she always laughs.

The Duke surprisingly look at his daughter and remorse filled him. This was the first time he saw her show happiness. The worst thing was she showed it in a twisted way, something that alarmed Duke Hyll.

The calm and dignified granddaughter of him was nowhere to be seen. The villainess was about to die so why not show emotion? Show how she didn't regret her actions.

"Why? Your majesty where's your proof with that? How can you say the daughter of Duke Silver killed thousands?"

It was intentional. She wants to bring everything down with her. The villainess wants to make them realize how their actions created a monster. A nasty environment and curse gave rise to a monster.

"Don't joke with me!" Astley the white knight suddenly rose from his seat. The Dukes' with their successors, encircled the convicted since they were the ones who's gonna judge her. The empress was in no state to judge. She was still grieving.

"You threw lives like it's nothing! Because of you, Arundel is f*cking dead!"

People gasp at the sudden information and couldn't help but shed tears. Some are fake, some are real, you never know.

'Ha?'

"Young master Arundel was dead?!" Shrieks erupted from behind.

"The great wizard?!"

"No way...."

"That can't be true!?"

'He's dead... Wait how?!' The villainess stops smiling and looks at him.

"I've got nothing to do with his death."

She answered and people started accusing her of lying. The Duchess of Wysteria stood and slammed her hand on the wooden desk.

"Enough." She said with no emotion. The trial was getting chaotic because the nobles didn't expect such information.

"Well, it's true she doesn't have anything to do with Arundel's death." Her voice piqued everyone's interest and they soon found themselves glancing at the entrance where an old lady with a pointy black hat stood dignified.

"It was me who took his soul. In other words, I killed him." She smiled innocently which infuriated many.

"Isn't that a witch?!"

"No way! Those red eyes!"

"You!" The empress suddenly shouted as she pointed her fingers at the old woman. "What are you doing here?!"

"Oh, if it isn't the Empress~" The old woman covered her lips, forcing herself not to laugh.

"I ask what you are doing in here!" The Empress looks furious as she immediately called the royal guards. The guards surrounded the witch but she didn't pay attention to them. She knows how important she currently is and they can't just banish her like they did ten years ago.

"I'm surprised you're as young as ever! But to answer your question, I'm here as a witness to her evil deeds!"

The two of them were from the same generation. Just like the previous villainess, his fiancee got stolen from her. Perhaps it was inevitable ladies that contains Hyll's blood got their fiancee stolen.

"We will not trust a witch."

Everyone was bewildered by her sudden commotion. They never saw the Empress shout so loudly before. The old aristocrats understand why the two of them hate each other while the new ones who haven't read much about history, look perplexed.