59: An Eye For An Eye

The villainous woman slapped a hand over her mouth as she leaned on the rough surface of the tree. The rustle of the leaves and sound of footsteps during a lovely afternoon quickens her heartbeat and made her sweat as she glanced at her left.

Her eyes narrowed as she tried thinking of ways to escape without being detected. She had attempted using shadow magic, the easiest of them all to get rid of Astley but she couldn't even gather any mana.

Astley with his keen senses immediately noticed her from the start and the chase commenced, causing her to hide behind a tree. A game of cat and mouse...

Running away from a trained knight with bare feet wasn't a good idea. Regret consume her when she had acquired wounds and it was quite problematic. Her feet ache whenever she ran and she can barely escape from him because the forest's ground was covered with grasses that reached her knees; making it harder to spot rocks that injured her countless time.

'How do I even escape this...'

Uneasiness took precedence over her stoic complexion as her eyes caught a glimpse of something silver.

The loud sound of the tree falling disturbed the serenity within the forest. Knile's eyes were slightly trembling as she continues to look at the fallen tree on her side. It's a good thing she followed her instinct and lowered her body to avoid getting stab by his sword. A shadow loomed over her figure and she quickly ran her hand through her hair and pulled it in front to avoid being caught before dashing.

Her chest rose and fell with rapid breathes every time she steps forward as her feet beg to stop and take a rest.

She denies the desire as she caught glimpse of him behind. Arriving somewhere with lesser grasses, she lowered herself to grab stones before throwing them towards Astley. Luck seems to side by her. The white knight abruptly stops and covered his face with his sword which causes him to glare at her. She returned the kind gesture with a smirk but knowing how fast he can caught up to her, she drops the smirk and painfully gulped.

Without any destination in mind, she followed her instinct and took a sharp turn to her left. She felt no presence behind and sigh in relief since she lost him. A small glint of hope appeared in her eyes before it got dominated by despair.

Her foot suddenly got entangled with vines covered by thorns and she internally cursed. She can hear her loud heartbeat and anxiety started haunting her as she cursed again. She desires to die but look at her! She's struggling to survive and escape the capture targets whom she insulted.

She forcefully pulled the vines which cause her legs and hand to bleed. Frustrated, she plucks the thorns from her pale skin and furiously tossed it.

She internally curses against everything and almost thought of eating those damn thorns just to die but sadly she cannot. Those thorns can't kill her, it might simply cause some serious injury which will prevent her from meeting death.

She soon started brainstorming, thinking of ways to die.

'Find some plants that contain poison and eat it!' The voice in her head suggested.

'Cut the crap, do I seem like someone who knew which of these plants contain enough toxins to kill me? That idea seems pretty risky. What if I did swallow what looks like a harmful plant and suffer from any illness before losing consciousness and not dying from it?! And after that, one of those capture targets will found my body still breathing and then decided to take me and torture me for eternity? It sounds absurd but I just want to die peacefully! Celestine offered up her life and told me to leave because she presumably felt people would torture me. But then again, if you think about it, it's because of her I'm running and not dead by now.'

If harmful plants cannot kill her, how about finding some branches and stabbing herself with it?

A nice idea, really, however, it would be hard to find some broken branch tough and sharp enough to pierce her skin. She can barely run from lack of energy and stabbing herself would need lots of confidence and strength because she hasn't eaten anything for days!

She swallowed her saliva, hoping it could stop her body from asking water while clenching the fabric of her dress. As soon as her stomach growled, an arrow flew past her, causing her eyes to widen.

She felt as if she's a deer being preyed at!

Oh, how painful it is to see your pride crumble into pieces. Fuming, she stops gripping on her dress and clenches her fist. Blood started dripping on the grass as her nail continues to dig deeper.

Going near it, she pulled the arrow from the tree that took the hit for her and felt how sharp and pointy it was. The idea of her being slowly killed by them causes her eyes to burn with resentment.

Nash was now nearing her as he slowly pulled the string and arrow, aiming at her leg.

Knile shortly realized his planned so she pulled herself towards a tree, her hand comes into contact with the rough barks and the tree acted as a guide. She then swiftly turn around and push herself against the tree with immense force while raising the arrow before gripping it. Nash abruptly stops and turns towards her with eyes widen in surprise. He saw bloodlust within her glowing dark hues and soon realized it was too late to dodge. Knile's crimson eyes also reflected his stiffened pathetic self.

Frozen in place because of the sudden stunt the villainess pulled, his left eye came in contact with the tip of the arrow and an unbearable cry exited his mouth. Knile, with all her might, forcefully shoved the arrow and yanked it back; his eye coming out with it. Blood gushes out of his socket as he quickly closes and presses his hand on it. The pain causes him to stay in place while his eyes darted towards her figure, a murderous look being thrown at her.

An insane and sickening chuckle leaves her lips which sends shivers down his spine.

"That felt quite good."

She proceeded to grab his eye, snatching it from the bloody arrow. As far as she can tell, they were the ones keeping her away from death, dragging her towards a life of suffering. She was the prey, but right now, at this very moment, she has the upper hand.

Her two crimson eyes glowed even more as she showed him his eye before squeezing it, letting a few drops of blood flow down her wrist.

Her lips twisted into a sickening smile as Nash glared at her.

Arm raised, she threw the destroyed organ at him before sprinting, fleeing a suffering Nash.

♣↩⏮↩⚜↪⏭↪♣

Even the chapter's title is a joke lol iknowforsurethatiamnotfunny)

I wonder what people thought at first... I'm bad at making jokes or so I thought (that's me hoping i am funny and not some serious shit1)