10: Between Insanity

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆
Even with my previous knowledge and advantages to become a victorious villainess, my destiny will never change. With new events and scenarios slowly being created from that single mistake of mine, I will always be fated to die.

I do not fear death but why?

Why am I shaking so much after his threat? Damn it! I'm a villainess, I shouldn't act this way. That Duke bastard is now gone and he won't find me in this forest.

I tried regaining composure but it was hard. My first time being threatened, great. I feel worthless.

My plans cannot be used anymore and here I am, helpless.

"ahahaha... " I couldn't help but crack a smile and laugh at my misfortune.

My actions and plans will precisely backfire.

"Ahahaha!" I should've realized it sooner! Destroy this rotten Empire?!

"Aha, what a silly little illusion... " Of course this isn't my world... I have no place in here so it's only right for me to suffer...

Tears started flowing down my cheeks as I grasp my hair.

Death is the only ending for a villainess huh?

A bittersweet statement befitting me.

I was so busy laughing at my misery that I didn't dodge and protected myself against an arrow. An arrow pierced my left shoulder. I immediately pulled it out only to feel stupid as I felt the blood leaving my system faster.

I look above and saw assassins holding weapons that can be used to kill me.

What's happening?!

Who are they?!

My legs were numb but I continued running, going deeper into the forest.

I'm confused as to why I'm trying to save myself when I wanted to die.

I can hear their movements and can sense the bloodlust surrounding them. My shoulder cause more pain to emerge and I can feel my senses go dull by seconds.

Ha, to whoever ordered these assassins, curse you. I was just threatened to be killed by my father and these?! Ha, this is truly something.

Arrows started flying towards me and I tried my best to dodge. Because I was so concentrated on dodging, I hit my foot against something, causing me to fall. Just my luck an arrow hit my thigh, causing the poison to hurt my inside. I was now clenching my heart in pain while I vomit blood. I just recovered from a silly illness and now this?!

The assassins were getting near me and I was forced to use it. Since it was still afternoon and shadows can be seen everywhere in the forest, I took that as an advantage. Before I lose consciousness, I should dispose of them. I spit blood and started chanting my spell. After chanting my spell to gain control of the shadows, I told them my order using a classic ancient language.

"...Obéis-Moi et tue-les.. " I mumbled and I felt the assassins drop dead. Shadow magic tends to be fast and I had never been grateful for that. The order is supposed to be spoken in a foreign language so that it can work.

I grinned as I saw the assassins dead. I keep forcing myself to stand, only to collapse. I clutch my heart harder and I started coughing blood. This body rejects my soul so much it is trying to kill me.

But then again there's the poison.

But still, I can feel how the pain multiply.

"Haha, I'm just...an intruder after all." I managed to speak. It was harder to concentrate and think through whatever was happening.

I then felt something staring at me and I glance at it only to laugh again. It can't be... My eyes must be playing tricks with me because of the pain... There's no way that's a dragon staring at me...

But then again I did summon a dragon...

"Ahaha."

Is this it? My end? Ha... I'm gonna die... This life is so great! I achieve death in an instant!

I'm a fuck up villainess who died instantly. A reincarnated person who thought she can also do the job of a villainess simply like everyone else.

But what if it's a lie? What if fate wants my hope to be crushed?

What if I cannot die and will continue to suffer?

What even is this